2 year bat warranty with Visa Card Services

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
I have a Xeno I bought from Core in March of 2016. DD #1 put a ton of swings on it and passed it on to dd#2 who swung it until we had an inner disc failure in early January 2018. Clearly this is something LS would warranty if it was within the 1year warranty period.

I remembered reading that if you buy something with a Visa card, in some cases the warranty is basically doubled. I googled it which took me to cardbenefitservices.com. I called them and the customer service person told me that sporting goods were absolutely covered. I filed a claim on their website. I needed to fill out an online form and upload my original Visa statement showing where I bought the bat, the LS warranty which I found on their website and original sales receipt from CS.

This has not been a rapid process. It has involved several emails and phone calls but really has not been bad. As of right now everyone I talked to has been helpful. I have not had the impression that they are trying to wiggle out of paying. Today I received a shipping label to send the bat to a business address in Texas. The bat isn’t going back to LS. I believe I will be reimbursed for the full amount I paid Core.

Check out cardbenefitservices.com. You can pre-register items there so you don’t have to hunt down all the documentation a year and a half later. I’m going to start registering everything of value I buy with my Visa.

I’m sure other cards offer a similar service.

I will update this post when this is concluded. I’m pretty confident this will work out though. And since people are buying new equipment every day, I thought I would post this even if it is a bit premature.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2015
Heatbox
DD2 misplaced a custom glove we bought and after filling out paperwork etc. we were cut a check for replacement. This was through Chase. Fairly easy process.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles