Tired of pathetic bat durability

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 2, 2019
So we've meandered a bit away from Scragg's original question with our discussion here...

My bat recommendations (in order) for your granddaughter would provide a blend of high performance and recognized durability along with the end-loaded feel she is already used to from swinging ghosts:
1. Louisville Slugger Xeno
2. Louisville Slugger RXT
3. Maybe the Meta X

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
The Xeno is a great lower cost-great performing bat that’s durable. DD also prefers to feel a little weight in her bats and loved her Xeno. She used a single bat for BP, Tee Work, and games. Even a couple pitching machine sessions until I asked her to use a different bat. She’s not a HR machine but hits with power. Other than some paint chips and dirt it’s still in great shape. Once it opens up it has some great pop as well.

There are so many used Xeno bats out there that finding one on eBay to try is pretty cost effective. We bought a 2018 for machine use for $75. After a new wrap and cleaning it looks almost brand new.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
The Xeno is a great lower cost-great performing bat that’s durable. DD also prefers to feel a little weight in her bats and loved her Xeno. She used a single bat for BP, Tee Work, and games. Even a couple pitching machine sessions until I asked her to use a different bat. She’s not a HR machine but hits with power. Other than some paint chips and dirt it’s still in great shape. Once it opens up it has some great pop as well.

There are so many used Xeno bats out there that finding one on eBay to try is pretty cost effective. We bought a 2018 for machine use for $75. After a new wrap and cleaning it looks almost brand new.
I've still got a 2016 33/23 Xeno that I'd put up against any Ghost! 🔥

Jun 8, 2016

Marcela has two 32 drop 10 Xenos (2019 and 2020) now, one game bat and one BP, which she has been using for a while. I didn't pay for one of them (which is why she started using a Xeno 🤣 ) and the other I got for (I think) $200 online.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
Marcela has two 32 drop 10 Xenos (2019 and 2020) now, one game bat and one BP, which she has been using for a while. I didn't pay for one of them (which is why she started using a Xeno ) and the other I got for (I think) $200 online.

We have three 32/10 for mine. Two 2019’s that I found NIW for $125 and the 2018 I found for $75.

I’ll end up selling one or two of them because we opted to move DD up to a 32/22 and try a Ghost.

But I will always swear by the Xeno. DD (13) often hit deep with hers this last year. Flirted with the fence a couple times. But needs more work on mechanics.

A HS player here swings a 2020 and has been smoking it over the fence. Great hitter. Obviously more to it than just the bat, but just saying the Xeno can get it done.

Jun 8, 2016
We have three 32/10 for mine. Two 2019’s that I found NIW for $125 and the 2018 I found for $75.

I’ll end up selling one or two of them because we opted to move DD up to a 32/22 and try a Ghost.

But I will always swear by the Xeno. DD (13) often hit deep with hers this last year. Flirted with the fence a couple times. But needs more work on mechanics.

A HS player here swings a 2020 and has been smoking it over the fence. Great hitter. Obviously more to it than just the bat, but just saying the Xeno can get it done.
Only problem now is that Marcela is so used to how the Xeno sounds that when she tried the Meta I think the sound threw her off..personally not having a ringing in my ears after BP was refreshing but hey wth do I know.

Jun 8, 2016
Kids are funny. There’s always something.
I didn't have any plans on buying one right now (the org head asked her to try it when we were in the facility hitting) and if I had she would have used it, I just think her assessment (it was ok..) was skewed by the sound..

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
I didn't have any plans on buying one right now (the org head asked her to try it when we were in the facility hitting) and if I had she would have used it, I just think her assessment (it was ok..) was skewed by the sound..

DD also loved the sound of the Xeno. Nothing like it on the field. She took pride in the sound I think. So I wasn't sure how she'd like the sound of the Ghost. Instead of the "crash" her goal is to get the loudest "snap" she can.

I've seen a fair amount of Meta's in the wild around here. One of DD's friends/school ball teammates started swinging one. DD liked it okay, but only took maybe 5 or 8 swings with it. She said it felt "okay". Had we bought her one she would have ended up fine with it I'm sure. Everything I hear from players and parents is very positive. Plus you can't beat a classic black/white color scheme.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles