barrel/hand pivot point, a.k.a TTB

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
TTB is rotation of the barrel around the HPP, perpendicular to the top-hand forearm (sometimes the term "forearm axle" is used). If the hitter is launching the barrel parallel with forearm (a "hammering" action), this is not TTB. "Hammering" is the kind of action you tend to get after a knob-push move.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali

It’s the ‘short to’ in a swing. Inside the ball. Create a direct east/west path. TTB is not for power. But it can help create a better path which can lead to more power.

Would this be a ‘knob push hammering action’? Barrel doesn’t turn.

Oct 2, 2017

It’s the ‘short to’ in a swing. Inside the ball. Create a direct east/west path. TTB is not for power. But it can help create a better path which can lead to more power.

Would this be a ‘knob push hammering action’? Barrel doesn’t turn.

I would say both swings have barrel turn. The video on top you can see the top hand go palm up early which is getting the barrel turned down early. It's hard to see the hands on the second video, but you can see the barrel getting turned down early.

To me it's basically exactly like what this person demonstrates here:

May 12, 2016
Yes. With great barrel depth. The difference with @julray's interpretation is that he isnt taking depth into consideration when he states that all swings include turn. There is a key difference. It is that depth that is important.

Pro's do not focus on TTB, plain and simple. They never discuss it, never demo it. The barrel turns in every swing, but not because they are trying to turn it. My advice, stop focusing on TTB and learn the proper way to use the body(FYB, Posture, leverage)... and yeah don't forget "down to". When I say my advice.. not really, it's what the pros say

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Pro's do not focus on TTB, plain and simple. They never discuss it, never demo it. The barrel turns in every swing, but not because they are trying to turn it. My advice, stop focusing on TTB and learn the proper way to use the body(FYB, Posture, leverage)... and yeah don't forget "down to". When I say my advice.. not really, it's what the pros say

The pros never talk about a lot of things. Doesnt mean it doesnt happen or isnt important. If you prefer your method great. Keep on truckin... I'm good where I'm at but I appreciate your concern.

May 12, 2016
The pros never talk about a lot of things. Doesnt mean it doesnt happen or isnt important. If you prefer your method great. Keep on truckin... I'm good where I'm at but I appreciate your concern.
I focus on what the pros talk about and do.. otherwise we are just looking at videos and guessing... risky. I really don't give a shirt which method anybody prefers.. it's not MY method, it's the best hitters in the game that say, demo and do what I am talking about. TTB or some version of it has been around a long long time according to you.. yet the pros don't talk about it, they talk about "down to".

Reactions: TDS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SecOnd in Comand