barrel/hand pivot point, a.k.a TTB

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
i5gPRqt.gif

I really don't know the 'result' of this gif.
but, from the gifs I've seen look the 'same';
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

May 12, 2016
Here's Conforto in college:
FirstSevereBedbug.webp

ImpeccableAccurateBunny-max-1mb.gif

That swing 'down swing'.

That's a hitter swing with no posture or lateral tilt.. Thanks for this because it's a perfect example or what people think of when picturing "Down to". And they are wrong.

You add lateral tilt and ask this hitter to maintain their posture throughout the swing with a FYB sequence, MLB swing without even contemplating TTB.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2020
That's a hitter swing with no posture or lateral tilt.. Thanks for this because it's a perfect example or what people think of when picturing "Down to". And they are wrong.

You add lateral tilt and ask this hitter to maintain their posture throughout the swing with a FYB sequence, MLB swing without even contemplating TTB.

You forgot to say that Conforto couldnt carry Bonds or Pujols jockstrap!

All kidding aside, I was out on the tee yesterday and today after watching the AROD youtube channel video with barry bonds, And I finally understand the "down to" feel! Bonds says very confusingly and in way more words that he does the "down to" feel off the tee, hitting the ball into the ground, because its easy to just tilt and hit a dinger. I think this is where a majority of players are lost because they arent tilting naturally. (Watch 7:00-8:30ish in the AROD video not sure how to embed it on my phone)

It's tilt. Barry didnt say tilt. Pujols doesnt say tilt(he does talk about posture). They beat around the bush about it.

Thanks to everyone on both sides (and in the middle) for being so stubborn.(especially julray)

May 12, 2016
You forgot to say that Conforto couldnt carry Bonds or Pujols jockstrap!

All kidding aside, I was out on the tee yesterday and today after watching the AROD youtube channel video with barry bonds, And I finally understand the "down to" feel! Bonds says very confusingly and in way more words that he does the "down to" feel off the tee, hitting the ball into the ground, because its easy to just tilt and hit a dinger. I think this is where a majority of players are lost because they arent tilting naturally. (Watch 7:00-8:30ish in the AROD video not sure how to embed it on my phone)

It's tilt. Barry didnt say tilt. Pujols doesnt say tilt(he does talk about posture). They beat around the bush about it.

Thanks to everyone on both sides (and in the middle) for being so stubborn.(especially julray)

Easy to be stubborn when your sources are the best hitters in the game.. :). To be honest, I think everybody else is stubborn, I'm not the one arguing with the best hitters in the game LOL[/QUOTE]

2br02b

Trabant swing
Jul 25, 2017
Toe touch is a pass through position. What do you see as the importance of it?

Timing is inconsistent between the GIFs and video. In the first GIF his elbow is dropping before toe touch, but not in other GIFs and video I can find. It is also IMHO the only one where it looks like he is actively "torqueing". It looks to me like he was either fooled or checked.