barrel/hand pivot point, a.k.a TTB

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
I have never seen a swing at any level of play regardless of technique applied where the barrel does not turn... it happens in every swing.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
giphy.gif

This was a HR that sent the Astro's to the WS. This was a pitch on the outside coming from a lefty (Chapman). It was hit over the LC fence. You can pull an outside pitch if it's up a little, doesn't work so well if the pitch is down.

Is there early TTB or just a deeper HPP (hand pivot point)?

I consider TTB and tight hand pivot point as the same thing. To me the depth the barrel travels in this clip tells me everything I need to know. I'm sure others will say the same thing to support their beliefs. Funny how that works...

Jul 31, 2019
I’m really interested in this discussion but having trouble keeping up with the acronyms and terminology is the a definition page that I can catch up with it? Or would someone be willing to explain?

Ex:

TTB
Barrel torque
Tipping barrel
Etc

May 24, 2013
So Cal
TTB = Turn The Barrel
HPP = Hand Pivot Point
FBC = Forward By Coil

It's not really "barrel torque". It's "handle torque" - the hands applying force on the handle of the bat to cause the barrel to pivot around the hands.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I’m really interested in this discussion but having trouble keeping up with the acronyms and terminology is the a definition page that I can catch up with it? Or would someone be willing to explain?

Ex:

TTB
Barrel torque
Tipping barrel
Etc

TTB. - turn the barrel. There are several definitions so it will vary based on who you read.

Barrel Torque -using the hands/forearms to turn the barrel. As Eric states it is actually torquing the handle.

Tipping Barrel - this happens early. With some hitters the barrel will tip towards the back of their head during their move out. I have found it helpful with younger hits that struggle with their sequence. Not all hitters do this.

May 12, 2016
The barrel will turn, if trying to build a swing why not listen to the best in the world and watch what they practice. "Down to" is what they always talk about, practice and demo. The pros aren't talking about TTB. "Down to" with proper posture and leverage, the barrel will turn to the ball.

Last edited:

2br02b

Trabant swing
Jul 25, 2017
I was asking about the result because the videos I have found of Conforto's swing don't look like this one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nabbott