barrel/hand pivot point, a.k.a TTB

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
What??????

I've seen results until my DD's senior college season got postponed. DD applied TTB against college pitching at every at bat.
I'm happy for your DD, really am. I'm happy that she is playing college ball, sad to see her season get cancelled. I'm happy that she had success TTB against college pitching.

However that's not point here, the pros aren't applying TTB, that's not their method. That's my point, they don't demo it, they don't talk about it, they don't practice it. "Down to" is what they focus on. Just like Chaberlain and Romero if we want to throw some softball in the mix. So because you have success with TTB doesn't mean what the pros say are wrong. come on now.

May 12, 2016
It's your interpretation of what they say. Nothing more...
It's what they say, I don't know what else to say about it. They are the best at what they do. Why would I or anybody think they are playing some jedi mind trick? LOL. That's the part that gets me, they say what they do, they practice what they do, they demo what they do, you can see it in the video. And then people say they don't know what they are really doing and it must be feel. I mean seriously, how messed up is that??

Jun 8, 2016
It's what they say, I don't know what else to say about it. They are the best at what they do. Why would I or anybody think they are playing some jedi mind trick? LOL. That's the part that gets me, they say what they do, they practice what they do, they demo what they do, you can see it in the video. And then people say they don't know what they are really doing and it must be feel. I mean seriously, how messed up is that??
It is ok man stress posting is a lot better for you then stress eating..have at it!!! :p

May 12, 2016
You referenced my name and understanding of TTB, I plainly stated my thoughts on TTB, and now we are here. With that being said, my apologies to the OP if we went off the rails a bit. .. I'll stop spamming your thread now :)

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
You referenced my name and understanding of TTB, I plainly stated my thoughts on TTB, and now we are here. With that being said, my apologies to the OP if we went off the rails a bit. .. I'll stop spamming your thread now :)

When I referenced your name it was in regards to barrel depth and nothing more.

Jun 8, 2016
So are we saying down to and TTB aided via handle torque are mutually exclusive because if no then there are plenty of things don't pros don't talk about ....right? ;) Not an argument for or against TTB just a point...

Last edited:
May 12, 2016
So are we saying down to and TTB aided via handle torque are mutually exclusive because if no then there are plenty of things don't pros don't talk about ....right? ;) Not an argument for or against TTB just a point...
They talk about what's most important to their success, what has most impact and what keeps them at the top of their game. Why is it every time somebody asks a pro to demo their swing or a few drills that it seems to enforce down to? That's a question people need to ask them self instead of focusing on what the pros don't talk about.

Jun 8, 2016
They talk about what's most important to their success, what has most impact and what keeps them at the top of their game. Why is it every time somebody asks a pro to demo their swing or a few drills that it seems to enforce down to? That's a question people need to ask them self instead of focusing on what the pros don't talk about.
I understand that. They must feel that that is most important to their success not discounting that. However as you and others have said there are others things which contribute to their HL swing which they are not discussing, correct?

You have seen the tee swing I posted correct? Out of curiousity I sent it to TM to see what he said. He told me I TTB'ed nicely and with the exception of my load being a bit too quick, it was good. Now this isn't to say the swing is good or bad but only to point out that I don't think about TTB or torquing the handle or whatever, only thing I ever think about when I hit is "exploding" to the ball. Yet he saw it in my swing. For some it may be a natural action based upon some other feel, for example "down to" ..For me the feel was always to try and be as explosive as possible. For some it may not "natural" in which case some work to improve the hand usage may show an improvement in barrel path.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors