2020 Easton Ghost

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2019
Well DD might be converted. Bought both the Prism, which she absolutely crushed with at a demo and a new Ghost just on a hunch and she’s really liking the Ghost. Isn’t that how it always works??? The cheaper bat ends up being the one most liked...
How does she like the bat?
I saw/heard them live for 1st time earlier this week. They sound more like a Xeno and less like a wooden bat IMO. Performance wasn’t anything special on the field. Could have been the girls swinging it not sure.
My daughter wants one but I’m not convinced it’s the best choice for her.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
How does she like the bat?
I saw/heard them live for 1st time earlier this week. They sound more like a Xeno and less like a wooden bat IMO. Performance wasn’t anything special on the field. Could have been the girls swinging it not sure.
My daughter wants one but I’m not convinced it’s the best choice for her.

Good hitters are going to be good hitters, no matter what bat is in their hand. 3 out of 3 girls on my DD's team love their new 2020 Ghost. They also agree that it performs on par with the blue Ghost, which they all hit very well with.

I disagree that it sounds like a Xeno. To me, it sounds like a very slightly higher-pitched blue Ghost.

The best bat for your DD is the one she likes the feel of best when she's in the box.

Apr 28, 2019
Good hitters are going to be good hitters, no matter what bat is in their hand. 3 out of 3 girls on my DD's team love their new 2020 Ghost. They also agree that it performs on par with the blue Ghost, which they all hit very well with.

I disagree that it sounds like a Xeno. To me, it sounds like a very slightly higher-pitched blue Ghost.

The best bat for your DD is the one she likes the feel of best when she's in the box.
That’s my issue we have the blue Ghost. I’m not looking for as good I’m looking for better. The blue Ghost is great when you square it up but I believe the sweet spot is smaller than Slugger bats.
My DD’s are doing very well with LXT’s & Xeno’s. We are playing mostly Utrip with a couple ASA tourney’s mixed in.
I’m leaning toward the RXT or another LXT honestly.
The blue Ghost sounds like a wooden bat on steroids. The 2020 Ghost sounded very similar to a Xeno.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
That’s my issue we have the blue Ghost. I’m not looking for as good I’m looking for better. The blue Ghost is great when you square it up but I believe the sweet spot is smaller than Slugger bats.
My DD’s are doing very well with LXT’s & Xeno’s. We are playing mostly Utrip with a couple ASA tourney’s mixed in.
I’m leaning toward the RXT or another LXT honestly.
The blue Ghost sounds like a wooden bat on steroids. The 2020 Ghost sounded very similar to a Xeno.

Based on what's out there right now, for raw pop, your aren't going to find anything better than the Ghost and Power Carbon. However, if you and your DDs are happy with what you're getting from LS bats, there's no reason to change. Being happy with your bat is the most important factor of all.

I guess our ears hear things differently.

Apr 28, 2019
Based on what's out there right now, for raw pop, your aren't going to find anything better than the Ghost and Power Carbon. However, if you and your DDs are happy with what you're getting from LS bats, there's no reason to change. Being happy with your bat is the most important factor of all.

I guess our ears hear things differently.
Same thing happened last year. Many girls on team had 2018 Stealth and she had to have one. Collects dust in my basement now after very little usage.
Honestly I think all the top bats are pretty comparable once the bats are used a little. I feel Sluggers are more forgiving with bigger sweet spots than most. It’s also about the sound & feel.
The 18 Stealth has the longest barrel by far of the bats we have. A good inch longer than most.
If the 2020 Ghost is more consistent I’m all in if she really wants it. Just don’t want bomb, dud, bomb trend to continue like blue Ghost.

Dec 11, 2010
Same thing happened last year. Many girls on team had 2018 Stealth and she had to have one. Collects dust in my basement now after very little usage.
Honestly I think all the top bats are pretty comparable once the bats are used a little. I feel Sluggers are more forgiving with bigger sweet spots than most. It’s also about the sound & feel.
The 18 Stealth has the longest barrel by far of the bats we have. A good inch longer than most.
If the 2020 Ghost is more consistent I’m all in if she really wants it. Just don’t want bomb, dud, bomb trend to continue like blue Ghost.

1) Are you talking about Stealth Flex? The Stealth Flex was junk. That’s why it gathers dust. Anyone who knows anything about bats could see it was junk after one front toss session. One of my darling daughters, who was btw a D1 hitter, had to use them. They were not in the same room with real Stealth or Ghost or even the Xenos she used pre-college. Of the 25 players on the roster, NOT ONE used the Stealth Flex when given a choice between an older Stealth or a Ghost.

2) You may feel that the Ghost has a smaller sweet spot. Despite the fact that you post that same thing over and over and over again, it isn’t true for all or even most hitters. Ghost must not be a good fit for your hitters. That’s ok. But don’t assume that it isn’t a good fit for other hitters. There is a best bat for every player out there. If Ghost isn’t it, swing what works best for you.

3) If Ghost had a small sweet spot, and was less forgiving, you would not see as many of them in use as you do. They are literally EVERYWHERE at the highest levels of softball. Natural selection determines what bats are used at the highest levels. Players that hit every day know what works for them. That’s why Ghosts.......THEY ARE EVERYWHERE. It isn’t because the poor poor parents didn’t get a chance to read your 300 posts about how they hit duds.

4) I have avoided saying this but here goes: My kid hits frigging rockets with Ghost. Her Tb friends hit rockets with Ghost. Duds? No. Give me a break. The guy who pitches to dd who used to play on the USA Men’s team? He used to recommend LXT. Now he recommends Ghost to most hitters when they ask. He has players sprinkled all over D1 softball and works camps full of high level players all over the country. DD’s high school team mates hated it when the high school assistant coach hit infield with a Ghost because she didn’t seem to be able to *not* blast lasers at them. Most of those hs kids don’t know what end of the bat to swing but they picked up on the fact the the heat is coming when Coach swings the grey bat.

5) My dd went from swinging Xenos to swinging Ghosts. She was a very early adopter. That first summer, no one knew what it was. At P5 camps, coaches and players would pick it up and look at it. One, head coach (Demarini school) walked all the way across a practice facility to ask her about it. At another camp, one of the best college hitters in the country (LS school) picked up her -8, looked it over and swung it herself as if to check out the feel. She didn’t do that because she didn’t think it was good. She did it because she could tell it was a good bat.

Now you can keep posting your personal opinions about bats. What I will say is that the only people who believe it are uninformed parents who haven’t been around the sport. I don’t know where you live, what level of softball you are familiar with or what your experience is. People who have been around the sport know that Ghost DOES NOT have a smaller sweet spot, Ghost IS NOT less forgiving and players swinging Ghost DO NOT alternate between bombs and duds. That’s just goofy.

I apologize to all for going the “my dd” route with this post. It had to be done.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2013
Back on the dirt...
1) Are you talking about Stealth Flex? The Stealth Flex was junk. That’s why it gathers dust. Anyone who knows anything about bats could see it was junk after one front toss session. One of my darling daughters, who was btw a D1 hitter, had to use them. They were not in the same room with real Stealth or Ghost or even the Xenos she used pre-college. Of the 25 players on the roster, NOT ONE used the Stealth Flex when given a choice between an older Stealth or a Ghost.

2) You may feel that the Ghost has a smaller sweet spot. Despite the fact that you post that same thing over and over and over again, it isn’t true for all or even most hitters. Ghost must not be a good fit for your hitters. That’s ok. But don’t assume that it isn’t a good fit for other hitters. There is a best bat for every player out there. If Ghost isn’t it, swing what works best for you.

3) If Ghost had a small sweet spot, and was less forgiving, you would not see as many of them in use as you do. They are literally EVERYWHERE at the highest levels of softball. Natural selection determines what bats are used at the highest levels. Players that hit every day know what works for them. That’s why Ghosts.......THEY ARE EVERYWHERE. It isn’t because the poor poor parents didn’t get a chance to read your 300 posts about how they hit duds.

4) I have avoided saying this but here goes: My kid hits frigging rockets with Ghost. Her Tb friends hit rockets with Ghost. Duds? No. Give me a break. The guy who pitches to dd who used to play on the USA Men’s team? He used to recommend LXT. Now he recommends Ghost to most hitters when they ask. He has players sprinkled all over D1 softball and works camps full of high level players all over the country. DD’s high school team mates hated it when the high school assistant coach hit infield with a Ghost because she didn’t seem to be able to not blast lasers at them. Most of those hs kids don’t know what end of the bat to swing but they picked up on the fact the the heat is coming when Coach swings the grey bat.

5) My dd went from swinging Xenos to swinging Ghosts. She was a very early adopter. That first summer, no one knew what it was. At P5 camps, coaches and players would pick it up and look at it. One head coach walked all the way across a practice facility to ask her about it. At another camp, one of the best college hitters in the country picked up her -8, looked it over and swung it herself as if to check out the feel. She didn’t do that because she didn’t think it was good. She did it because she could tell it was a good bat.

Now you can keep posting your personal opinions about bats. What I will say is that the only people who believe it are uninformed parents who haven’t been around the sport. I don’t know where you live, what level of softball you are familiar with or what your experience is. People who have been around the sport know that Ghost DOES NOT have a smaller sweet spot, Ghost IS NOT less forgiving and players swinging Ghost NO NOT alternate between bombs and duds. That’s just goofy.

I apologize to all for going the “my dd” route with this post. It had to be done.
I was thinking it. I’m glad you said it!

May 24, 2013
So Cal

As I have said a couple of times now, my DD and 2 teammates have just switched from blue Ghost to 2020 Ghost. The results of the 2020 Ghost, and the feedback from the players (experienced 14U TB players), all indicate that the 2020 Ghost is in par with the blue Ghost. This was over 6 games against high-level competition. My DD is happy with it. Her teammates are happy with it. That's what matters to me.

If you have issues with the blue Ghost, then the 2020 Ghost probably isn't for you. You keep talking about how good you think LS bats are. Go get an LS bat.

Apr 28, 2019

4) I have avoided saying this but here goes: My kid hits frigging rockets with Ghost. Her Tb friends hit rockets with Ghost. Duds? No. Give me a break. The guy who pitches to dd who used to play on the USA Men’s team? He used to recommend LXT. Now he recommends Ghost to most hitters when they ask. He has players sprinkled all over D1 softball and works camps full of high level players all over the country. DD’s high school team mates hated it when the high school assistant coach hit infield with a Ghost because she didn’t seem to be able to *not* blast lasers at them. Most of those hs kids don’t know what end of the bat to swing but they picked up on the fact the the heat is coming when Coach swings the grey bat.

5) My dd went from swinging Xenos to swinging Ghosts. She was a very early adopter. That first summer, no one knew what it was. At P5 camps, coaches and players would pick it up and look at it. One head coach walked all the way across a practice facility to ask her about it. At another camp, one of the best college hitters in the country picked up her -8, looked it over and swung it herself as if to check out the feel. She didn’t do that because she didn’t think it was good. She did it because she could tell it was a good bat.

Now you can keep posting your personal opinions about bats. What I will say is that the only people who believe it are uninformed parents who haven’t been around the sport. I don’t know where you live, what level of softball you are familiar with or what your experience is. People who have been around the sport know that Ghost DOES NOT have a smaller sweet spot, Ghost IS NOT less forgiving and players swinging Ghost DO NOT alternate between bombs and duds. That’s just goofy.

Personal experience Guy. I don’t see many players other than McClenney swinging a Ghost for team USA. College teams swing whatever they are under contract to swing.
Head to head the Xeno & Ghost are a push.
I see many more Sluggers, Demarini’s on top ten bat lists than Ghosts.
Top bat for 2019 on most lists was Xeno, followed by Power Carbon followed by LXT, followed by Demarini’s.
Those are the facts and they are indisputable. You like the Ghost good for you. Go swing it.

Apr 28, 2019
As I have said a couple of times now, my DD and 2 teammates have just switched from blue Ghost to 2020 Ghost. The results of the 2020 Ghost, and the feedback from the players (experienced 14U TB players), all indicate that the 2020 Ghost is in par with the blue Ghost. This was over 6 games against high-level competition. My DD is happy with it. Her teammates are happy with it. That's what matters to me.

If you have issues with the blue Ghost, then the 2020 Ghost probably isn't for you. You keep talking about how good you think LS bats are. Go get an LS bat.
Absolutely will. Check the top 10 bat lists. Slugger & Demarini pretty much dominate them. PC mixed in on some a few have Ghosts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00