2020 Easton Ghost

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
Yesterday at 11:14 you posted that LS is more forgiving and the Ghost causes bomb, dud, bomb, dud because the sweet spot is smaller or whatever?

But now it might be the bat you buy?

So all those posts you made..... You got on pretty much every thread that mentioned Ghost and you dogged it...... you talked about the superiority of one bat over the other..... would you prefer that I describe those posts as misinformed? Were you repeating propaganda? The advise you have given other parents? What the heck is going on here?

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
My DD likes the Ghost and she is asking for the 2020. The Ghost is scary when you square it up. It’s really the only bat I’m leary about her using when I’m pitching to her. Actually made me start using a screen when pitching which I hate.
She would be using the Ghost but we play mostly Utrip tourney’s. She uses the Ghost for Rec unless we have a tourney coming up and then she will use LS’s.
I think the new Ghost is getting a lot of attention due to the WCWS. UCLA was crushing the ball. Great talent and would have crushed the ball with tree limbs.
You seem like somebody that likes to do their own research. I’m sure you can find impartial lists/reviews as I have.

Okay...So, your DD is asking for the 2020 Ghost, and you're trying to decide if it's a good choice? I have offered my review of this bat based on my personal observations and the feedback from 3 high-level 14U players using the bat over a 6 game span against good competition. Not a lot more I can say.

If you keep looking for reasons why the 2020 Ghost is not a bat you want to buy your DD, you will find them - just the same as you can with ANY bat.

I have no motivation to spend a lot time doing bat research, but I was curious about your info sources.

Apr 28, 2019
Yesterday at 11:14 you posted that LS is more forgiving and the Ghost causes bomb, dud, bomb, dud because the sweet spot is smaller or whatever?

But now it might be the bat you buy?

So all those posts you made..... You got on pretty much every thread that mentioned Ghost and you dogged it...... you talked about the superiority of one bat over the other..... would you prefer that I describe those posts as misinformed? Were you repeating propaganda? The advise you have given other parents? What the heck is going on here?
I don’t believe the 2018 Ghost is a better bat than LXT/Xeno. Comparable exit velo, both quality bats but for the upteenth time Sluggers in my experience are more consistent. Also limited on what tournaments you can use blue Ghost in so that’s a negative. Of course you could run out and buy the Gold Ghost and be ready to play in any tournament.
Or you can go get the 2020 Ghost and be good to go.
I’m searching for reviews/comments on the 2020 Ghost to push me into buying one. All I’m seeing is comments to the effect that we like it and it’s as good as the Blue Ghost. As good as the blue Ghost. I expect better than the Blue Ghost.
Now my daughter is telling me how she likes the Ghost and wants one. I asked her if she has used one yet and she said no.
I don’t want to buy a bat based on the fact “everyone is getting one” or the paint job looks cool.
I want definitive proof this new Ghost is the best bat on the market.
I will most likely buy this damn Ghost because it’s what she wants. I don’t believe it’s the best bat for her. Sometimes you have to protect people from themselves so they don’t make bad decisions.
I tried explaining to her last night that the Ghost may not be the best bat for her.
She is adamant it’s the bat for her. I guess I’m just looking for something to sway me in that direction.
There is a one day sale on Easton on one of my favorite sites and the Ghost to my surprise is included in this sale. Best price I can find including this site. Other than making my daughter happy for all of 5 minutes with a new bat it’s a tough sale.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
You're putting way too much effort into this, MB22. The bat you're looking for will be found at the same place they are giving away gold-plated unicorns.

Apr 28, 2019
You're putting way too much effort into this, MB22. The bat you're looking for will be found at the same place they are giving away gold-plated unicorns.
Not spending money for no reason. If it’s an upgrade I’m all in. It’s all about the research and best deal.
Oh and seeing you don’t like research the F3 Defender V-2 looks like the best catchers mask for reducing the risk of concussions.
I believe you were the fellow concerned about his DD’s mask.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Not spending money for no reason. If it’s an upgrade I’m all in. It’s all about the research and best deal.
Oh and seeing you don’t like research the F3 Defender V-2 looks like the best catchers mask for reducing the risk of concussions.
I believe you were the fellow concerned about his DD’s mask.

I never said I don't like research. I research a LOT of stuff. I have zero motivation to do in-depth research on bats, currently. That said, I generally try to keep up to speed on what's happening in the bat world.

I agree that The Force3 mask is pretty likely to be the best protection against concussions currently available for catchers. I spent a lot of time looking into catcher's helmets, and I ordered a Force 3 Defender V2 mask for my DD. It was a no-go. It was heavy, awkward, she hated the way it looked, hated the way it fit, and refused to wear it. One of the other catchers on her team had the same reaction. The mask was returned to Force3. Their intent is fantastic. The execution still leaves a little to be desired for the hockey-style catcher's mask. My DD is using the new Easton Pro-X mask, and it is doing a very good job for her.

Good luck on your bat quest, MB22. My biggest suggestion is not to under-value the importance of your DD being happy with the equipment she's using.

Apr 28, 2019
I never said I don't like research. I research a LOT of stuff. I have zero motivation to do in-depth research on bats, currently. That said, I generally try to keep up to speed on what's happening in the bat world.

I agree that The Force3 mask is pretty likely to be the best protection against concussions currently available for catchers. I spent a lot of time looking into catcher's helmets, and I ordered a Force 3 Defender V2 mask for my DD. It was a no-go. It was heavy, awkward, she hated the way it looked, hated the way it fit, and refused to wear it. One of the other catchers on her team had the same reaction. The mask was returned to Force3. Their intent is fantastic. The execution still leaves a little to be desired for the hockey-style catcher's mask. My DD is using the new Easton Pro-X mask, and it is doing a very good job for her.
Interesting. It does look a little heavy. I have noticed more MLB catchers using them. From what I understand many more want to use them but can’t due to obligations to other sponsors.

Jun 22, 2019
I haven’t owned a ghost yet. Two girls swing 2019 LXTs and one swings a 2018 Xeno and honestly do great with those bats. The two that swing the LXTs are power hitters and hit HRs when they square up the ball...not sure a different bat will help them much. However, the other pitches and doesn’t bat much, but thinking about getting the ghost for her. I’m not sure it will help, but who doesn’t want the latest and greatest.

You can always sell on eBay if they don’t like it.

Apr 28, 2019
I haven’t owned a ghost yet. Two girls swing 2019 LXTs and one swings a 2018 Xeno and honestly do great with those bats. The two that swing the LXTs are power hitters and hit HRs when they square up the ball...not sure a different bat will help them much. However, the other pitches and doesn’t bat much, but thinking about getting the ghost for her. I’m not sure it will help, but who doesn’t want the latest and greatest.

You can always sell on eBay if they don’t like it.
Yeah I’m ok not taking the loss. Appreciate your input. Nice to hear new feedback.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28