2020 Easton Ghost

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2019
My DD is one of the strongest girls on her little 10U team and hasn't broken a bat. Perhaps her LXT is just a great bat.

I'm willing to try a Ghost and know that I can get a replacement or two if they break. I'm not too concerned.

My plan is to let her try several bats and pick the one that feels best. If that's the Ghost Advanced, I probably end up getting it for her. Knowing me...
The LXT is a great bat. Good idea to swing them all and see what she likes.

Jan 3, 2020
I have been a longtime follower of this site but never posted anything until I saw this thread. My daughter plays for an SEC program that is an Easton school. She had always used a Xeno bat during her travel ball and high school days. So when she got to college, I wasn't all that enamored with the Easton bat. Her first year, the Easton Mako was the bat that she had to swing. IMO, it was a horrible bat and the balls seemed dead coming off of it. Her sophomore year, Easton introduced the Ghost. The difference between the Mako and the Ghost was very noticeable. The ball seemed a lot livelier coming off of the Ghost than the Mako. Her junior year was her best year and she had a lot of success with the 2019 Ghost. Her school just received their allotment of new 2020 Ghosts. I am not sure if she will keep swinging the 2019 Ghost or use the new 2020 Ghost. She swings a heavier bat than normal (34", 26 oz.) but I can now say that I am a convert to Easton bats because of the Ghost.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
The mako took thousands of swings and wasnt comparable to the new bats. Main reason
why it was do or die for Easton. They just sold the corp and the new owners had to move
asap to get relevant in FP again. They couldnt keep making armored tanks that took 5 years
to get hot.

Apr 28, 2019
The Mako is the best batting cage bat on the market. Almost Indestructible.
Almost is right. We had a big hitter destroy a Mako. Something inside came loose and rattled real bad.
She moved to a 18 Stealth and PXT for a while. Wound-up going with a 19 Xeno and took her hitting to a higher level.

Dec 5, 2017
I miss one piece bats...but omg, you have to bp the bat to break it in and you feel it when you hit a bad ball...so
don't want them :)
I've been eyeballing a Combat Maxuum that's for sale dirt cheap. Dd doesn't need it but she hit so well with the one she used to have. I might buy it and hide it just in case she "needs" it at some point :sneaky:

Apr 20, 2015
My daughter was breaking bats right and left when she was younger and using drop 11s. Since switching to drop 10s the only ones she has broken are older bats used for BP. I do think if you're child is breaking a ton of bats it's likely the size or drop needs to change which is a good thing!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
It actually is true...a drop11 can def be too light for you and can
cause bats to break much more easily. Drop11s aren't made for girls that should be in a bigger bat.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee