Bat Upgrade

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
So the little stores take the time to learn prices and going rates...and DSG just says oh, we will match because we are oblivious
to it and don't care to learn it.
Not to mention, the little stores are the ones that know the products and actually try to HELP a customer...unlike the millionaire big
stores or online stores which don't care one bit if its not the right bat and nobody that works there knows anything about the bat,
they just want to make a sale.

Dec 11, 2010
We were looking at gloves at DSG years ago at the nice gloves rack (expensive but maybe not truly high end) and the kid working there helpfully told us “the girls gloves are over there”.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I have heard so many things from parents, the bs stores have told them. Like complete opposite of what
a bat is, just to get them to buy right now. If you inquire about a bat, that bat will be everything you are looking for...haha.
Love the quick.."best bat made" or "hits really hard" when asking about a bat they have...and that all they got for info :)
I cant fault the worker, DSG or some other stores just throw people in sports sections or on the phone to answer calls and they
have no knowledge of anything. Just told to sell. They have no idea what to say to some questions if the customer
really goes into a product.

Love when they have to look at the label on a bat to try and "learn" more about it in 2 seconds.

Oct 4, 2018
I posted this directly from my high horse yesterday, lol. I found out tonight they switched her from a 33/24 LXT to a 34” Xeno. She hit one out with it on her first swing during a scrimmage. She was supposed to hit a hit and run but got one up and in and smoked it.

I think I had the 8th grade thing wrong too. Think she swung a 32” Rocketflex in 12’s. Forgot about that one, lol. She loved that bat.

As a coach, I often call for the "hit and jog". I need your DD on my team. My girls never get it right.

Dec 11, 2010
I totally had to Google Rob Deer to make sure I used the right emoji!

My baseball knowledge borders “Un-American” I’m afraid

And I completely agree, most kids aren’t going to swing a bat that big with success, prob helps that my little goon swung a 25 ounce bat for so long. You gotta admit, it’s funny that I was preaching about shorter bats when the college coaches gave her a 34”....(!)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles