Ghost Dual Stamp 2020 vs Ghost DB 2022?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 6, 2016
My DD has had two 2018 Grey Ghosts for the past few years/seasons. She went from 31/20 to 32/22 but now has a shark tooth "crack" and seems to have lost some pop. Well, in her mind it has ;) and she is itching for a new bat. I've heard the horror stories of the newer Ghosts and she/we have LOVED the Grey Ghost and she is fixated on another Ghost and not a LS or Demarini or other.

For those who have had both the 2020 DB and 2022 DB Ghosts, any noticeable performance differences of the two different bats? Weight similar? Feel of each similar?
The 2020s are out there but not as easy to find (32/22) as the new 2022 bats.

Thanks!

Jun 20, 2015
biggest observation on all Ghost....they break....alot. both dual stamp and Advanced. believe running total last year on my 18u team was about 12 broken. I honestly lost track.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Quigs, you are going to find supply of the 2020 Ghosts short because they havent been made for a long time. The 2022
came out in June, so the 2020 stopped well before that. So obviously the very popular weights are going to be slim pickens
in stores.
As for performance, I havent heard a ton of difference in the 2020 and 2022 Dual. Some like the 2020 more, some like the 2022 more.
But as to why, nobody ever knows...haha. There was a couple slight changes to the 2022 but I think performance is there in either year
bat.

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
My DD has used the ASA/Blue, Dual Stamp, Advanced, Dual Stamp Stars-and-Stripes edition, and Double Barrel. There is not a significant performance difference between any of them. They all have a very similar swing feel, in terms of balance point. She preferred the feel of the ball off the DS a tiny bit better than the Adv. Although she didn't love it at first, the DB has grown to be her all-time favorite as it has broken in. It seems like it took a little bit longer than t o completely open up than previous models.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
And just so everybody knows...all ghosts are double barrel. One is called the dual stamp and the other, the ADV, because
its easier to say and tell the difference. The original dual stamp for 2020 was called the DS because it was the first with
all stamps. Then the ADV came out. So the regular Ghost seems to always be called the Dual stamp at this point and then the ADV.

just trying to make it easier as I get calls from parents that dont know the difference and dont know which Ghost is what

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
And just so everybody knows...all ghosts are double barrel. One is called the dual stamp and the other, the ADV, because
its easier to say and tell the difference. The original dual stamp for 2020 was called the DS because it was the first with
all stamps. Then the ADV came out. So the regular Ghost seems to always be called the Dual stamp at this point and then the ADV.

just trying to make it easier as I get calls from parents that dont know the difference and dont know which Ghost is what

The construction of the Ghost lineup has always been a double barrel configuration. However, the current non-"Advanced" model is marketed by Easton with the "Double Barrel" name. I use the "Dual Stamp" name to indicate the 2020 model that came after the grey models (blue/ASA and yellow/USSSA), but before the "Advanced".

Mar 6, 2016
The construction of the Ghost lineup has always been a double barrel configuration. However, the current non-"Advanced" model is marketed by Easton with the "Double Barrel" name. I use the "Dual Stamp" name to indicate the 2020 model that came after the grey models (blue/ASA and yellow/USSSA), but before the "Advanced".

Yep, agree...I do the same and why I did in my post. Ghosts were all "double barrel" but it's easier to identify the 2020 as it was called by most "dual stamp" back then.

The main reason I'm asking is there is about a $50 difference usually for the 2020 version if I can find it as compared to the 2022 version. So, I was wondering if for those who have had both is the extra $50 for the new 2022 version worth it. If they are both similar in all aspects (yes, I know they have a tendency to crack) but if they are similar in performance that helps me with my search.

I think I asked Core awhile back if he had 2020 32/22 and he did not at that time.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
No, I gotcha...I have people calling about a double barrel and a dual stamp sometimes. So i was trying to clarify for some parents. Didnt want
anybody getting more confused by seeing dual stamp and double barrel being used in this thread for different bats. Just trying to be
proactive :)
I will literally have someone arguing with me that they want the 2020 or 2022 double barrel...not the regular dual. When its the same bat.
Or they sometimes will think that the ADV and Dual...that one doesnt have a double barrel.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802