2011 Louisville -10 Xeno Composite Fastpitch

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 25, 2010
Ohio
I just won a brand new 2011 32/22 on eBay for $150 shipped and am anxious to see how it compares to my DD's CF4 Black, which has 1,000's of hits on it. We received it last night but, since it's been raining in NW Ohio (when hasn't it been this year!!!), DD only got to take some dry swings with it. She did say it felt heavier than her 32/22 CF4. I'll report back once she is able to hit with it.

Jul 25, 2010
Ohio
DD was able to do some soft toss with her new Xeno at the end of her team's practice. She alternated between the Xeno and her well-used CF4 Black. Due to darkness, she only hit 25-30 balls with each bat. Compared to the CF4, it did seem to hit the ball a little bit further, but not by much. She said it felt pretty comfortable so she decided to try it in the next game. Pre-game she did some more soft-toss, which was about 15 balls. First at bat, she went down swinging. Second at bat was a hard shot to the second baseman, who was able to throw her out at first. Third at bat was a bloop single to left. At contact on the single, the Xeno sounded funny, even compared to how it is supposed to sound. The fourth at bat, DD attempts to bunt and fouls off the first pitch. The second pitch DD again attempts to bunt, where the ball appeared to hit right in the sweet spot, causing the barrel of the bat to fly toward the backstop with DD holding the handle in her hands. Yes, the Xeno snapped in half right at the bonding point of the two pieces and the rubber ring. We guessed the pitcher was throwing in the mid 50's.

While the pop may be pretty good, the durability of these bats obviously is suspect. The Xeno didn't even see 75 hits with a regulation softball before snapping in half! After trying a 2011 Catalyst last year that was extremely dead and having durability issues with the Xeno, DD is going to stick with the CF4 from here on out.

Jul 26, 2010
You bought a $300 bat off ebay for $150 and you're suspect about the bat quality and not the seller/situation? Interesting.

-W

Jul 19, 2008
I got mine for 200 off ebay, new in the wrapper yet though. So far, we are very happy with it and have had no problems. In reading reviews, message boards, etc, I dont think I saw any issues with durability. Like anything else you buy, there are bound to be bad ones out of the thousands sold.

Jul 25, 2010
Ohio
You bought a $300 bat off ebay for $150 and you're suspect about the bat quality and not the seller/situation? Interesting.

-W

I bought it from an authorized dealer with warranty, NIW. I'm awaiting a return authorization number to send it back to LS now. The BIN was $200, but I made them an offer of $150, which they accepted. With the 2012's out, you can get deals on the 2011's.

Jul 25, 2010
Ohio
Received a replacement from LS yesterday afternoon. They sent a 2012 model. DD only took some dry swings and said it felt nice but she wasn't sure she liked the grip, which is a sticky tape instead of the one-piece rubber grip from the 2011 model. I'm thinking she's just not very confident in another Xeno after the last one broke. I'll report back after she tries it out.

Jul 25, 2010
Ohio
Sold the Xeno to a teammate since DD didn't want to give it a chance. Picked up a new CF5 Hope instead. I'll still report back on how her teammate is doing with the Xeno.

Aug 10, 2010
Do Not Doubt, Try it Out. Xeno hits bombs. 14 yr old DD putting it over fences 220 ft at center field. LOVE THE XENO. She is on the varsity team and they all want to know about the new bat that hit bombs and has the wierd sound. Go Xeno!

Nov 23, 2010
North Carolina
Bought GDD 2011 Xeno 33/23 new in the wrapper off eBay for make offer of $160. I gave it to her the Thursday before a big tournament. She was not going to swing it before the tournament but her Dad make her take batting practice with it Friday, probably 15 swings. I was kidding my son that I wish she would hit a home run with it this tournament as she was playing for the first time with her new team (12u). Well the first at bat she hits a line drive off the left field fence (200 ft) almost knocking it down. (Some in the stands said it would have gone at least 230-240 feet if it had been higher). Of course the next time at bat she was intentionally walked her. She eventually hit one down the third base line and as she said, "The third basemen didn't even get a sniff of it." :) Word got around and teams pitched to her very carefully. She batted .500 for the tournament with 4 doubles with some of the hits coming off some questionable pitches. Bigger sweet spot.

If the Xeno needs breaking in, I can't wait, it is pretty hot out of the wrapper.

She previously used a 2009 Rocketech 32/23. Could she have done the same performance with it? Who knows, but she loves the Xeno and that is all that matters to me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32