2011 Louisville -10 Xeno Composite Fastpitch

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 12, 2010
Looking at a new bat for my 14 yr old. Has anyone have any experience with the xeno loisville bat. Alot of technology thats sounds good but does it work in the real world....any insights....we all know bats are a important and expensive. Thanks

Oct 31, 2010
On anther site I visit a guy is selling one and he says that it is ridiculously hot out of the wrapper and even better when it opens up.

Oct 13, 2010
Georgia
On anther site I visit a guy is selling one and he says that it is ridiculously hot out of the wrapper and even better when it opens up.

I wonder, why he would sell it then? My DD tried a demo last year and said she liked it but the sound it made (breaking glass?) kind of bothered her. Thats the only one i've seen, so I can only say that what i've read about it sounds good. But it does kind of go against my "what are the best hitters around using" method for picking bats. Could be the best bat made, but not many people around here use it.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
DD's 10u coach's oldest DD (12U) has a 31/21 and it smokes the ball! One of our stronger 10's hit with it and it added 15' - 20' to her distance even though her bat speed was noticeably slower (She normally swings a 30/18). I think her dad is looking for a 30/20. I haven't heard any thing about durability, probably still too early to say. Xeno's are starting to show up for auction on ebay now.

Jul 26, 2010
I have a few kids using it and they like it. Keep that video on your iphone, because blue WILL question you about the bat when they hear it hit a ball. Some will think it's broken, others (especially if the kid is a strong hitter) will think it's been modified, ect.

-W

May 5, 2009
Daughter loves her new XENO. It does break in like any other composite with a couple hundred hits. First bat had a problem after the first week so was frustrated to have to spend another week breaking in a new one. You actually grow to like the sound. HS coach thought it was broken on first day until about 3 more girls started using one. The Xeno, CF4, and RTs are probably the most popular around here with the Xenos gaining the most momentum.

Oct 31, 2010
I wish at least one of the stores around here would stock the Xeno so I could let my child pick it up and take a few dry swings with it to see what she thinks.

Nov 5, 2009
St. Louis MO
We bought one for my 14U DD last fall. She absolutely loves it. She uses the 32/22, 5'2" 110lb. The breaking glass sound is a little odd, but it smokes the ball.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
01mom, our local Dicks Sporting Goods stocks a few. Do you have one in Huntsville? Ours only keeps one or two on the rack, but they often keep different sizes in the back.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00