4 different choices. New bat. Pros, Cons, comparisons and experiences please .

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 1, 2021
Just based on your comments in this thread, I'm guessing your DD is a damn fine hitter no matter which bat is in her hands. The reality is that the top-shelf model from any manufacturer is going to be a good bat, and it will come down to personal preference on subjective factors like feel.

My DD is 16, and about the same specs as yours. Similarly, she has the speed to turn triples into doubles. Her preference is the Ghost, hasn't met an LS she likes, and is pretty luke-warm about Demarinis.

Of course you have to be able to hit. Good or bad, feedback is important though. I wish I could say my DD hits 4 HRs every tourney, but that wouldn't be a true statement.

Nov 25, 2015
The Frozen Tundra
DD got to try a new Prism+ while trying about 10 different bats today. Said it felt like a CF but heavier. Not end weighted but heavier. Bat guy said that is because handle is made of lighter material so there is more weight in the barrel for a heavier fell

May 24, 2013
So Cal
DD got to try a new Prism+ while trying about 10 different bats today. Said it felt like a CF but heavier. Not end weighted but heavier. Bat guy said that is because handle is made of lighter material so there is more weight in the barrel for a heavier fell

Which is what "end weighted" is. It doesn't mean weight is added to the end of the barrel. It's about where the balance point is.

Nov 25, 2015
The Frozen Tundra
, a Demarni Insane is end loaded. TPS CVL is end loaded. A Worth Supercell EST is end loaded. Barrel is evenly made for a balance feel, but feels heavier because of more weight in whole barrel with a lighter handle. So a heavier feeling bat, not a end loaded feeling bat. There is a difference.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2018
She is 17, 5'6, 155-ish. (She won't read this so I guess its okay to say that) Looks like the typical corner infielder. Lets just say, the type that depends on hitting the ball hard to get on base.

Thanks. Sounds just like my daughter. Corner infielder, power hitter, slow. Not saying your DD is slow, just that mine is.

Ah, yes. Sorry if I asked about personal, sensitive information. I couldn't tell you what 5'6", 155 means. I'd fail as the circus "Guess your weight" guy. Means nothing to me. :)

Apr 26, 2015
I would avoid the 2020 Xeno. DD had one that broke at connection after using it for 6 weeks (COVID modified fall HS season). She is not a power hitter. She has swung LXTs and Xenos - her favorite by far was the 2018 Xeno.

When I called for a warranty replacement for the broken 2020 Xeno the rep told me it was a very common issue - breaking at connection.

She is currently swinging a 2021 LXT and complains that it doesn't take have that "louisville sound". She loves the breaking glass sound - some don't. She is starting to like the feel of it though. She did not like DeMarinis because they were "too quiet".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 16, 2020
Just adding to what has been said, we bought the RXT at Dicks for $149. My daughter has been hitting better than ever. I know it's not the bat. I told her it's not the bat. But her last 2 games she has hit 1 hoppers to left and center fence, double and triple. Fast 13 yo CF, 5'4, 115 lbs. Has Xeno and LXT, but this RXT is by far her favorite.

Apr 28, 2019
Just adding to what has been said, we bought the RXT at Dicks for $149. My daughter has been hitting better than ever. I know it's not the bat. I told her it's not the bat. But her last 2 games she has hit 1 hoppers to left and center fence, double and triple. Fast 13 yo CF, 5'4, 115 lbs. Has Xeno and LXT, but this RXT is by far her favorite.
Same experience. We haven’t been able to get outside and hit good game bats due to cold weather.
According to Hittrax which I take with a grain of salt she has hit max distance with 2020 RXT and had best exit Velo with 2021 LXT.
I had a buyer for both her 2020 Xeno’s but she wouldn’t let them go. I really can’t understand why she wants to keep them I don’t believe they will be used. Teenagers just can’t figure them out. 🤔

Apr 3, 2020
She is 17, 5'6, 155-ish. (She won't read this so I guess its okay to say that) Looks like the typical corner infielder. Lets just say, the type that depends on hitting the ball hard to get on base.
16, 5'7, 190 or so . Sorry just seeing all the replys .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA