New bat help needed

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 21, 2022
Looking for some bat help. My DD is 14 1/2 and is using a 32 -10 Louisville Slugger RXT. She is mainly a contact hitter but does have some sneaky pop. She likes the feel of the RXT but wants something new, partly because she doesn't like the sound it makes when she hits (not "loud and impressive" like her new teammate's bats), and partly because she just wants something new.

I'm still open to suggestions, but at this point I'm leaning towards either the Mizuno Power Carbon, or the Louisville Slugger LXT. What would be the main differences between the two?

Couple of other notes:
1. I'm not sure the size I should get. She's 5'4" (barefoot), and ~ 125lbs, with an athletic build. It seems like she is right on the edge of a 32 or 33" bat.
2. I know availability is likely an issue. I would likely be buying the bat for Christmas, so ideally would at least like to have it in hand by mid January.

Any thoughts or recommendations?
Thanks in advance.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
They both have a bit different inner tech, but both do have it so they make the sounds...hahaha

The PC will feel a bit more balanced and be closer to sticker than the LXT, but the LXT isnt anything
major overweight so its not going to feel heavy or anything. Both will flex a bit.

The PC is def cheaper as they give dealers more room...but availability is def an issue as their 2023s arent technically out yet in large doses. Some have snuck out but not very many and not all sizes. And people are gouging for whats out there.
Not sure about LXTs...have heard they may continue the 2022 lineup until next year like some other
manufacturers have done previously because of supply issues.

Sep 21, 2022
They both have a bit different inner tech, but both do have it so they make the sounds...hahaha

The PC will feel a bit more balanced and be closer to sticker than the LXT, but the LXT isnt anything
major overweight so its not going to feel heavy or anything. Both will flex a bit.

The PC is def cheaper as they give dealers more room...but availability is def an issue as their 2023s arent technically out yet in large doses. Some have snuck out but not very many and not all sizes. And people are gouging for whats out there.
Not sure about LXTs...have heard they may continue the 2022 lineup until next year like some other
manufacturers have done previously because of supply issues.
Thanks for the quick reply. Do you have any thoughts on her using a 32 or 33oz? And do you have a feeling if you could get a PC in by Jan?

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
To best determine the 32 or 33 dilemma, I always suggest going to a local store and testing one out. Swing a few in both sizes and see which one she's most comfortable swinging. All the internet sites with bat sizing tricks don't add up to actually swinging the bat.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Thanks for the quick reply. Do you have any thoughts on her using a 32 or 33oz? And do you have a feeling if you could get a PC in by Jan?
By January...i would think should be fine by then. Fingers crossed...hahaha

As for is she is ready for the jump to a 33...nobody knows that but her swing. Worse thing to do
is have someone say yes, then realize its too heavy for her right now and she cant use it.
Does she have a friend that swings 33/23 for her to atleast just try and see if she likes the size?

Also, have you weighed the RXT to get real weight?

Oct 4, 2018
Not adding anything to the thread. :)

DD's 1st real bat was a Xeno. HC and me would break up in practice. I could hear the sound the bat made, DD is up to bat.

My DD uses the Xeno as her back-up and cage bat. She loves it and when she hits, people turn to look (because the bat is SOOOOOOO freakin' loud).

Oct 4, 2018
To best determine the 32 or 33 dilemma, I always suggest going to a local store and testing one out. Swing a few in both sizes and see which one she's most comfortable swinging. All the internet sites with bat sizing tricks don't add up to actually swinging the bat.

Fine advice.

I'm a believer in moving up in length and weight as the girl can handle it. However, my girls are tall and big and strong as oxes (oxen?). We didn't move up to 33" (drop 10) until they were bigger than your girl by quite a bit. For what it's worth...

Sep 21, 2022
Fine advice.

I'm a believer in moving up in length and weight as the girl can handle it. However, my girls are tall and big and strong as oxes (oxen?). We didn't move up to 33" (drop 10) until they were bigger than your girl by quite a bit. For what it's worth...
Thanks for the feedback. I think she is probably fine with sticking with the 32 - 10 for now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FPVQ23