2011 Louisville -10 Xeno Composite Fastpitch

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 5, 2009
I saw the XENO 2012 bat in action at a HS game this weekend. That bat is hot! Cool colors too, black with light blue accents.

Oct 19, 2009
One of the teams we played this weekend had a few of the kids using the XENO bat, one kid hit a foul and it sounded like a weak hit or a glancing blow not a good solid hit, but the ball was smoking.

This is just my opinion, but the kids hear what sounds like a weak hit and their not expecting it to come at them at 98 MPH. Could be bad!

I looked at some of the reviews on the XENO and they were very positive, as far as hitters go. The ad I saw advised that the bat was made over the legal limit, but had a governor to bring it into compliance.

Jul 19, 2008
I am actually looking at getting one of these bats. Most of the reviews are good, but there are a few that are negative. I have to wonder if the god reviews come from batters who can hit decent with any bat, but when they use a better bat, they just get a little more out of their hits. Then the ones who have negative reviews are ones who could use work with their batting overall, and when this bat isnt the magic they were looking for, then its the bat thats junk. It is funny sometimes when so many think the bat makes the hitter. With any top of the line bat, the batter has to be able to properly swing it to get the performance out of it. If you dont have the proper mechanics, etc...no bat will make the difference.

Oct 19, 2009
XENO.jpg

YouTube - 2012 Louisville Slugger TPS XENO

Some info on the bat.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
I have a few kids using it and they like it. Keep that video on your iphone, because blue WILL question you about the bat when they hear it hit a ball. Some will think it's broken, others (especially if the kid is a strong hitter) will think it's been modified, ect.

Happened this weekend! We were playing another team in the cold when an opposing player with a brand new Xeno hit a fly to the outfield. The sound definitely attracted Blue's attention.

Sep 16, 2009
I saw one checked by blue this weekend while we were waiting to play our next game. This bat is the real deal. The only negative I'd say is it does not perform as well when cold as a cf4. We're up in washington state and it's been COLD this year. Here is a hit by one of the girls on my team with it. She has just switched to it in the past 2 weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 16, 2009
I believe that's the follow through on her exaggerated peel drop. Seems a little dangerous to me. My team is up to bat so there's not much I can do about it, heheheh. ShockCoach -- I think you might know this team and the coach, actually...they're from your neck of the woods. Road Warriors.

sru

Jun 20, 2008
Love the video, my dd had an at bat last yeat just like that. Fouling the ball off everywhere. Just when you think the batter is getting tired, she cranks one to LF.

Jul 28, 2008
Love the video, my dd had an at bat last yeat just like that. Fouling the ball off everywhere. Just when you think the batter is getting tired, she cranks one to LF.

One of my hitters had this battle a month ago. Then the pitcher tosses in a change up for a strike that froze my hitter. I told her to tip her hat to the pitcher. Nice battle! Sometimes the pitcher wins.

Jul 19, 2008
I just ordered a new Xeno FP11X 32/22 bat. It should get here on Monday. I look forward to getting it. Most everything I have ehard or read about it has been good.
One thing I wanted to ask is , why are there a bunch of review sites that have exactly the same reviews for this bat? I assume it is the same way for other bats to. Do they take all reviews and just share them amongst the different websites? It has been cold here this spring, so I hope it warms up more so we can try the bat. I am in central Wisconsin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gmc7283