You win the coin toss...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
DD's TB coach always picks visitor. For whatever reason, they do better if they hit first. So I guess it depends on the team...

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Do you elect home or away? Why?

(Seemingly no advantage, but experience has shown that, at least for our team, there is an advantage being the away team.)

If it is a drop dead time limited game you want to bat first. If it is a 7 inning game, or finish the inning, be home. If nothing else it is much better being the home team in an ITB.

coachjwb

Love this game!
Apr 16, 2014
Northeast Ohio
Agree with JAD ... drop dead away, finish the inning home ... but there was one good point made I hadn't thought about before re: using pitchers less innings in a potentially long tournament if you might lose a game ... e.g., a pool game, or before the first loss in a double elimination.

Jul 15, 2016
My DD (10U) likes to be the home team because she gets to pitch first with the new ball. Already developing superstitions at 9yo...ugh, I wonder whats in store for me down the road.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
My DD (10U) likes to be the home team because she gets to pitch first with the new ball. Already developing superstitions at 9yo...ugh, I wonder whats in store for me down the road.

Does she have a favorite brand and model of ball yet? Mine does - Dudley SB12. Ball snob. She's a catcher. SMH...

On topic...
Drop dead - away (first AB, more ABs)
Finish the inning - home.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2016
Midwest
My DD (12U) always likes to be the home team. She says it's because she prefers to play in the field before she bats. She thinks it helps her settle down before coming to the plate.

Jul 15, 2016
Does she have a favorite brand and model of ball yet? Mine does - Dudley SB12. Ball snob. She's a catcher. SMH...

On topic...
Drop dead - away (first AB, more ABs)
Finish the inning - home.

Not brand loyal yet, although she does like the dream seam balls.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619