What do you see?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Hitter A, way out in front. I preach to mine to let the ball come to you, .10 secs late or early is a foul ball.

Agree on the injured knee, you can tell she favors it by compensating with her upper body.

Nice athletic build, softball = good therapy for the mind and body.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Hitter-D:

fwkf2r.gif

Jan 24, 2011
Hitter-D:

fwkf2r.gif

By far the strongest and most athletic kid on the team. No formal training at all. She crushes the ball AT TIMES , but obviously not consistent at all due to poor mechanics. Struggled a lot with confidence at the plate and is really hard on herself (which usually ends up being counter productive)

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Hitters slo motion matrix would help every one of these girls.
They are all upper body out of sequence.

Slow motion gets them to see it, then feel it.

A mirror also helps for them to see it.

Work the elvis move (hips) in front of the hands

SL

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2011
Hitter-E:

2py6hhj.gif

Note the "level shoulders" type swing.

Another pitcher. No confidence at the plate. She was actually much better this year than in the past. She had previously struggled with even making contact. This year only struck out 7 times in 150+ plate appearances. But , due to mechanics , she lacks power and struggles with really good pitching

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Balance & Elvis Move - YouTube

This is not a perfect demo of my DD, but it shows in slow motion the hips in front of the hands. I do this in slow motion then speed it up little by little hitting balls off a tee. Most get the feeling in a short time. I try to keep it simple.

SL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LisagS24