What do you see?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
Most of these girls have never really been "trained" how to hit. Basically , just see ball hit ball up to this point. Now , it will be my job to fix this.(I will have to train some parents as well) It will take time and work. But , I do have a plan for the offseason.

Agree 1000% on parent involvement. Very few of ours has ever been to an official HC, but the dads have worked many hours at home to make them into good hitters. Even if you do go to a HC, as others have noted you still have to do the "homework".

Looks like you have a nice winter project, have fun with it and remember improvement is small steps forward.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Hitter-A:

2pz0igk.gif

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
This is a kid that really wants to get better. Right now , she is a bug squisher that a lot of times just wants to make contact. Also , just recovering from a knee injury. Not sure if that has any impact on her swing right now or not.

This kid may clean up a lot from learning a basic sequence and learning to feel the barrel.

I noticed the front knee brace. Wondered if this might be why she didn't use her front side. Notice how the front knee remains bent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LisagS24