Committed, SR Season - What to do???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
At the end of the story - some teams will have a 'test' to pass at the start of fall semester to make sure the players worked on their strength/conditioning.
We had to run a mile in 6 min or under (along with strength tests) in order to practice. God I hated that..I still have nightmares about it.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
And I still think a player can go to the gym, workout, play ball, and still have a life outside of that. If a coach sees beach pics on SM and rescinds an offer over that, that’s really sad.
College coaches experience offering a spot to a player and the player gains 20 lb before they show up for college. 🤷‍♀️ there has to be some sort of commitment to commitment.
in this case the coach has a structured work out they want the players to attend to. Sounds well facilitated to me.

May 27, 2013
My DD's college coach offers late because he had on pitcher that he offered spring of JR year and by the time she came back to his camp has lost 5 mph on her pitch because she 'cashed the check' and didn't need to keep digging.

My daughter has 3-5 daily workouts each week - maybe an hour each - and then we work on hitting 2-3 times per week.

At the end of the story - some teams will have a 'test' to pass at the start of fall semester to make sure the players worked on their strength/conditioning.

Yep - my dd (will be a college sophomore) was given a workout by their trainer of stuff to do in the gym over the summer. She also continues with her pitching lessons and I catch her 3-4 days per week when she works on her own. She also has a FT job (internship) and a PT job which she works at 2 evenings per week. No time to play on a team this summer, and her coach is well aware and has no issues with it.

Jun 8, 2016
College coaches experience offering a spot to a player and the player gains 20 lb before they show up for college. 🤷‍♀️ there has to be some sort of commitment to commitment.
in this case the coach has a structured work out they want the players to attend to. Sounds well facilitated to me.
Seeing them at the beach would be a great way to see if they gained 20 lbs..😳

May 27, 2013

Lol! My college coach wanted me to gain 20 pounds before showing up on campus. Granted once the “switching majors in order to play” conversation came up that ended my college SB career right there.

Jun 8, 2016
Lol! My college coach wanted me to gain 20 pounds before showing up on campus. Granted once the “switching majors in order to play” conversation came up that ended my college SB career right there.
Yeah, I was skinny as heck going into college too. I wish somebody told me I had to gain 20 lbs now..that would be easy...probably could do it in a weekend.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
...😁 bulk up there Vertigo!

Ohhh no switching majors in order to play conversation no bueno.

That's an interesting topic about Majors because of that issue. Particular majors have limited colleges they can go to. And some Majors a much more broad amount of colleges offer. Guess those are transfer portal considerations.

Aug 16, 2017
My 2022 daughter will soon head off to play in a mid-major D1 program. Her coach told her to continue to play at the highest level possible. This included a fall and summer full of the most competitive tournaments possible. Training and private lessons are always on the books, but nothing can really substitute for actual game play.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles