uppercut swing...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 12, 2009
Would you care to elaborate so that folks might get some benefit from your posts?

Would the two-tee drill, as described, encourage or prevent this swing?

2012NLCS_XMO_Posey.gif

Would it encourage or prevent this swing?

2celso2.gif

Jan 24, 2011
Would the two-tee drill, as described, encourage or prevent this swing?

2012NLCS_XMO_Posey.gif

Would it encourage or prevent this swing?

2celso2.gif

How about just letting the novice coach/parent know what you believe the flaws are with the specific drill. They probably dont know what they are looking at in thes clips at this point.

Oct 12, 2009
How about just letting the novice coach/parent know what you believe the flaws are with the specific drill. They probably dont know what they are looking at in thes clips at this point.

2012NLCS_XMO_Posey.gif

Look at the point of contact in either clip. The Posey clip is probably simpler.

Assume the ball is on a tee at the point of contact.

Now, put a second tee behind the first tee (e.g. back toward the catcher).

Would Posey hit the ball on the second, rearmost tee?

IMO, there's no way he wouldn't.

The barrel drops below the point of contact on the way to the point of contact, allowing the hitter to hit the ball with a slight uppercut.

In general, conventional two-tee drills encourage a swing that chops down on the ball through the point of contact. However, in all the clips that I have looked at, only once (Deion Sanders) have I seen a hitter get a hit while chopping down on the ball.

Jan 24, 2011
2012NLCS_XMO_Posey.gif

Look at the point of contact in either clip. The Posey clip is probably simpler.

The barrel drops below the point of contact on the way to the point of contact, allowing the hitter to hit the ball with a slight uppercut.

In general, conventional two-tee drills encourage a swing that chops down on the ball through the point of contact.

In all the clips that I have looked at, only once (Deion Sanders) have I seen a hitter get a hit while chopping down on the ball.

Thank you for this info. I believe the explanation along with the clips helps make it clearer for most.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
I think a decent two tee drill is setting the front tee with the ball at the top of the ball of the back tee (tees set up about same height and distance apart as above discribed drill). Set tees up with the back tee at contact and front tee approx. 14 inch in front. Hit both balls (back tee first)for a slightly upward path that isn't too much upper cut or isn't flat.
nike-swoosh.jpg

HYP

Nov 17, 2012
2012NLCS_XMO_Posey.gif

In general, conventional two-tee drills encourage a swing that chops down on the ball through the point of contact. However, in all the clips that I have looked at, only once (Deion Sanders) have I seen a hitter get a hit while chopping down on the ball.

CO,

How do you spew nonsense. Do you know how he trains and what he does when hitting off of a tee? You are just sitting behind a computer screen and guessing. Get out a learn man. Come on.

Do you have any idea what drills are for?

Of course in a game swing the barrel drops below. Drills are for training. If you train with uppercutting on a tee you will be screwed in the box on game day.

Attack with the barrel down to the ball on a tee. Attack the top half off of a tee. Take the shortest barrel path down to the ball. I am not saying take the hands down to the ball. I am saying take the barrel down to the ball. Keep the hands up and keep the barrel above the hands as long as possible.

I am telling you lurkers, parents and such. Do not listen to what CO is saying. If you practice off of a tee with taking a slight uppercut swing. You will create a long swing. You will dump and lose the barrel. You will not be successful in game situations.

HYP

Nov 17, 2012

I don't use the drill talked about but you have lost your mind. a tee set a foot behind the other with a ball that the top of it is even with the bottom of the front ball will not create a chop down swing. You can be down to the ball with out chopping down. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SecOnd in Comand