Turning the barrel 6

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
"Creating lag is the hidden move in the golf swing that all powerful hitters have, turning a seemingly smooth and rhythmic movement into impressive distance. It all stems from the angle between the shaft and the left forearm in the downswing. The longer your wrists can maintain this angle, the better the lag will be"

from "What is lag in the golf swing" - Golf Monthly

One does not attempt to maintain a lag angle.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
"Whatever direction your hands move, the paintbrush does, too, but in a trailing position"
"This is where you let the angle in the wrists go too soon – usually at the top of the backswing. The shaft ‘kicks’ at the wrong moment, releasing the power that was previously stored by your wrist angle.
Read more at https://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/videos/long-game-tips/what-is-lag-in-the-golf-swing#EsCGQhZhvIKCOieL.99"

"One drill I use is quarter swings holding lag and working on hip rotation" (mud)

"I am actively holding the lag, I don't see a way around it. Commentators always mention the strength needed to maintain lag, can't apply force without tension"

"Many a player has set forth on the quest for golf technique’s holy grail, “lag.”"

Actively holding lag is a bad idea.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
tumblr_ou4s7fkjoI1usf292o1_400.gif

If a hitters hands move forward like this they are COOKED...
Yeah....the real 'trick' was in who was going to 'buy' the video and 'buy' into this mess....
Not even close to Bustos game swing:
tumblr_pecj5rYzhU1usf292o1_400.gif

I believe Bustos was fairly open and honest that what she was teaching was what she had seen other instructors do, and not what she herself did. Simply trying to sell a DVD. Assumed that few bought into the notion .... but apparently Mann fell for it.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Actively holding lag is a bad idea.

And a golf pro, dang. yes i understand the dangers. I here what JD says about taking hands out of equation also, I here and have seen Tewks gertting rid of the knob to ball portain of the swing. i get that after a while the snap of the bat is created by loose hands wrists, especially after swinging a bat at a higher level. Its a road to teach youth how to hit. Im still learning , but i do not think you are the best at it.

I do like to follow Lisle, he has real results and puts it out there for all to see, can u do that? then i might listen to you more, not that u care.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
And a golf pro, dang. yes i understand the dangers. I here what JD says about taking hands out of equation also, I here and have seen Tewks gertting rid of the knob to ball portain of the swing. i get that after a while the snap of the bat is created by loose hands wrists, especially after swinging a bat at a higher level. Its a road to teach youth how to hit. Im still learning , but i do not think you are the best at it.

I do like to follow Lisle, he has real results and puts it out there for all to see, can u do that? then i might listen to you more, not that u care.

Exactly what did you ask this girl to demonstrate in the video segment below?

Drag_It.gif

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG