Traveling with TCB Balls to Nationals.........

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Never bought them, so can't endorse or refute. I seen a team trying to use them with DD this winter. I dismissed them as but a anther fun game we can play in the gym. My reason is they can't travel @ the speed of the game. After reading the pro's and cons, I've been thinking about the only benefit, and weighing it against our investment of time. I have to pass on using them.

I seen this thread was named "Traveling with TCB Balls to Nationals" I want to go too. I had no idea what that ment... Not sure if DD's team will this year??? I wondered if it would easier on us all if I just had her try to make the money to go...on her own, or play. After I figured out what TCB Balls were... I thought of is:
I can see an opportunity for DD to make the money for national's in 2013. I just know I can make one (a TCB that is )!!! Without China, and UPS. For me that would be alot easier than, trying to engineer a team there....If the product (in my option... it doesn't work) then I wouldn't need to worry about warranty, and selling the technique. I will be working on it in this format. You buy a set of instructions...with complete video on how to do it for $9.95... I'm thinking the valued price of one ball give or take a deal on a dozen, that I know about now from todays post ( I feel like such an insider)... and learn how to make them for less than $1 a piece, in less than 5 min. If you lose one, or they could only last the three months, as stated in other post, then you just make a couple more...no one would be upset, or writing bad reviews on here... The only design guarantee is that 14U clean up batter can't hit them further than 30'... I'll prove the distance on the video with HS BB boys testing them....Anybody interested ???

Last edited:
May 7, 2008
Tucson
The balls will reportedly re-inflate and no, I haven't tried it, because mine have stood up well. They are the best thing, I have found to help hitters and I use them nearly every day. I am copying from another site "Ok, the air needle in the blue/red hole works. Just manipulate the ball while you have the needle in it to pop the dent out. I wouldn't inflate the ball any unless you can't get the dent to pop out, and then I would let the pressure in the ball equalize with the air pressure outside the ball. The ball I did is a little out of round as it has had the dent for months, but it is better than a big dent in it. Hope this works for everybody else."

Jan 31, 2011
How can you not love the TCB balls? Pre-game warm ups they can take full swings in a limited area. I have had a few break over the last 2 years, but overall they have held up. Some have weak spots, but no big deal.

Oct 22, 2009
PA
The original TCB balls seem to be of a thinner rubber that did tend to break, particularly near the nipple. The newer balls seem to be made of a thicker material and hold up much better. I've not had any of those break on me.

Oct 19, 2009
The original TCB balls seem to be of a thinner rubber that did tend to break, particularly near the nipple. The newer balls seem to be made of a thicker material and hold up much better. I've not had any of those break on me.

Is there a way to tell the thicker ones (new model) from the older ones? :confused:

Oct 22, 2009
PA
Is there a way to tell the thicker ones (new model) from the older ones? :confused:

From the TCB website:

April 7, 2011 Total Control Sports will be moving to new and bigger facilities to better server it customers. The move should begin the last week of April. Please excuse any delays during this time. We will do our very best to keep shipping during the move and supply complete customer support.

Along with the move we will begin doing more in house mfg of our products and improving the quality and soon will increase warranty to 6 month on all filled products. All new warranted TCB and Atomic balls will now have a BLUE dot instead of the regular RED dot.

We will also be releasing our NEW 7.0 cm TCB ball designed for baseball with our new synthetic compound that will not break down and increase the life and durability of the product.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1