Traveling with TCB Balls to Nationals.........

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 8, 2010
Hello All:

I am getting on plane heading to ASA Nationals and have a question ?
Can the TCB Balls travel in the back with the luggage ? My wife said what happens if they expolde during the flight.I dont believe so but the last thing i wanna here is I told you so !!!
Waiting patiently for a reply...

Thanks
JWP

Oct 25, 2009
That's hilarious!!!!!!!

No way can they explode. I wouldn't try carry-on, though. Those security people would probably freak.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
They are just sand. What is going to explode? I wouldn't want them in my carry on, if I am taking more than 6. They are just too heavy. Could each girl put one in their bat bag?

Oct 19, 2009
I purchased a dozen TCB Balls a year ago, three busted while the girls were hitting them, three more are partial flat. I like the TCB balls, but I am somewhat disappointed with the cost VS the reliability.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Peppers, that is very unusual. Did you call customer service? I have had a dozen for 2 years and they are used and abused. Besides changing color, they are as good as new.

Jun 18, 2010
I purchased a dozen TCB Balls a year ago, three busted while the girls were hitting them, three more are partial flat. I like the TCB balls, but I am somewhat disappointed with the cost VS the reliability.

Same here. Several busted in less than a year, but haven't found a better alternative yet.

Oct 19, 2009
The warranty on the TCB balls is 6 months and the 3 balls all busted after 6 months, so I never called or complained being the warranty was up. They began getting flat after about 3-4 months, but they were still usable. They are maybe 2/3 full as when new.

One just busted in the little hole in the ball, the other two began leaking sand in the hole when hit and finally just busted open in the little hole.

Again I like the balls, and how you can use them only I would like to see them last longer. I don't remember the amount I paid, but I'm thinking around $100 or a little more for a dozen.

Last edited: