Traveling via plane to tournament - what to do with team gear?!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 23, 2015
I coach a 12u team out of Ohio. We are in the TCS East Coast Summer Nationals and will be traveling via plane to Myrtle Beach. What do people do with team gear? I’d love to not have to check bownets, ball bucket, etc. on the flight. Was thinking about giving every player 2 balls to back in their luggage... but I’m at a loss for the other items.

I wonder if I could get connected with a coach based in the Myrtle Beach area that would let me borrow gear while we are down there?!

any other thoughts?

Apr 30, 2018
I have a friend that will ship his golf clubs rather than fly them when he visits his brother. Depends on how much you trust FedEx or Big Brown.

May 29, 2019
Is the entire team flying? Ohio to Myrtle Beach, I would think that quite a few would be driving that one. Ask if they could take some gear.

DD played on a team where each teammate was assigned a piece of equipment, and your job was to get your assigned piece(s) to the tournament, no exceptions.

Jun 11, 2012
There’s usually at least one family that drives to all tournaments no matter how far away they are.
I’d ask and see if that is the case. Offer up a gift card for dinner or something if they do it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi