Thoughts on adding a LXT or Xeno to a Rocketech hitters bag

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

moe

Aug 14, 2013
My DD's first real bat was an RT, she is big for her age. I was dumb for my age. SHe hit hard and far when whe did hit. Pulled a lot, stinging liners...for her rec league. Select ball she struck out a lot.

Moral of my story, I gave her an RT too soon, she is in REAL hitting lessons now, and between her SRV4B and her RT (we are using it with pin holes loose - will get thrown at some point) she really uses the tool now. Her swing was long and slow. It is now SHORT AND REALLY FAST because the extra strength developed from her RT. SHe ditched her LXT for going back old school. Never looked back.

If you cant swing well, GM is right, it gets ugly.

tjintx

A real searcher
May 27, 2012
TEXAS
Just an update on the 2014 LXT. We bought one new in April of this year. It developed a rattle inside within a month. Louisville Slugger did the swap out no problem. The 2nd bat lasted until November, you guessed it, another rattle inside. Are they going to replace it? YES. Do we really want another one? NO
Really disappointed with Louisville Slugger.....

Mar 24, 2014
A girl on our team had the purple Xeno and rattled within a couple months. Not sure if they got it replaced but didn't sound normal.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
My dd used her rockettech for the first time this year a month ago in our last tourney. Pulled it out because it was about 40 degrees. She hit a line drive that I swear about dented the fence. Ump told me after the inning that it was the hardest he has ever seen a ball hit in 8 years of umping. Her next at bat she had her lxt. The hit had a bit more angle up on it and ended up in the next field, probably 260 feet. Both bats are 33/24, but the lxt is probably more like 33/33 and the rt more like 33/26, and that, in my mind is the difference. I would try giving any good rockettech hitter a composite bat in the same length as her rt, but more like a -8 and see how that compares.
Tommy, yeah, but what bat made in the last couple years are you going to get to last much more than 6 months? Dd's lxt sounds like it has a chunk of glue bouncing around in it, but oh well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32