Opinions on bat comparison...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
That very first one is absolutely monumental! But it can do as much harm as it can good, lots of girls get crazy eyes after hitting that first one OTF!

Ask me how I know? :rolleyes:
Man you know me better than that..I told her you weigh 90 lbs, you aren't a HR hitter so don't get any ideas.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Man you know me better than that..I told her you weigh 90 lbs, you aren't a HR hitter so don't get any ideas.
I'll never forget the first time she hit 8 or 10 out at a lesson doing front toss, I told her the same thing, you're 5'0" and 135, hit line drives! She hasn't heard a word I said since that day, crazy eyes!! She's all of the sudden a HR hitter! :rolleyes:

Didn't help when her 18U coach would bat her in the 4 hole, the absolute smallest girl by far on the roster, it was actually funny to see everyone's reaction!

Jun 8, 2016
I'll never forget the first time she hit 8 or 10 out at a lesson doing front toss, I told her the same thing, you're 5'0" and 135, hit line drives! She hasn't heard a word I said since that day, crazy eyes!! She's all of the sudden a HR hitter! :rolleyes:
Thing is, ain't nobody got crazier crazy eyes then me..and she knows it ;). If need be I will go Pedro Martinez on her and she will be picking herself up off the dirt :LOL:

Plus she didn't actually hit it out and I made sure to work her away the rest of the session...

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Thing is, ain't nobody got crazier crazy eyes then me..and she knows it ;)

Plus she didn't actually hit it out and I made sure to work her away the rest of the session..if need be I will go Pedro Martinez on her and she will be picking herself up off the dirt :LOL:
See that's where we probably differ, I'm fussing and telling her to hit line drives in the gaps.....all the while throwing her big ole meatballs, but I'm still fussing though!

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Help me out here..who exactly is the fish in your analogy because the only person who is getting reeled in here is the Dad and I am pretty sure they know how much they paid..
Fish dont care about the pole.
Neither does the ball care about the bat.

How about...
Does *any bat come with a gurantee batting average will go up?

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
Fish dont care about the pole.
Neither does the ball care about the bat.

Soooo
Does the bat really make that much of a difference?
If its still a lousy swing and bad timing.

Can buy whatever bat you want, doesnt buy
Good swing
Good timing

For those statistical analyzing brains

At what point in hitting statistics would/could a bat improve batting average?
By how much?
Bringing tjis question
* when does the bat start helping?
Cuz just sayin' a bat does nothing by itself.
And Obviously players like different brands.
Brings this specific question~
is there statistics saying a batting average will increase by say .25 to .50 when using *this bat?
Ok so ball=fish..got it.:)

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I understand the sentiment. Was hitting with my DD yesterday and she almost hit one out on a 200 ft fence and the look on her face was great and it gave me some joy..not enough joy that I would go and buy another bat to see if it would give her the extra foot so she could hit it out..but joy nonetheless :LOL:

See...thats awesome. Nothing about a new bat...but the time you were there was fun as heck.

Until you brushed her back off the plate :)

May 14, 2015
Bismarck ND
Some of us live in Bismarck ND, with no demo spots any where close, and a daughter that swings a 34. I buy bats for her to try as noway else to try them. Yes I have a stack of bats, I used to have a stack of Scotty Cameron handmades lol. Its fun to get new bats and try them. Yet she always goes back to the Old (16-17) LXT's. On a side note, I have an extra Ghost Advanced and a couple LXT's in 34 haha

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles