Newer Anderson Rocketech

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 13, 2019
Havent found any recent discussions here but some older threads made it seem like the bats hadn't been the same since the company changed hands. The reason I'm posting is because my daughters new hitting instructor asked what size bat she was using the other day (32 drop 9 LXT) and said she was stronger than that and had her try one of the older girls Rocketech 34" drop 9 just because it happened to be close by I'm assuming it was a 2018 or 2019 model. My 13 yr old is 5 foot 6 about 160 lbs and a pretty good hitter regardless I thought this bat would be too big of a jump but to my surprise she hit a bucket of bombs like nothing I have ever seen come of the barrel of her LXT . So I've been looking in to buying her one (probably a 33 as opposed to the 34) just wondering if anyone here may have any first hand experience with the new model Anderson's ? Thanks guys

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2019
I think I like this composite option more, if she’s really strong, this 33 inch -8 is probably a better option than older aluminum technology, and the price is great!

I’d be curious to compare the actual weights between this -8 Xeno and the -9 Rocketech considering how heavy the RT are notorious for.

Apr 28, 2019
Havent found any recent discussions here but some older threads made it seem like the bats hadn't been the same since the company changed hands. The reason I'm posting is because my daughters new hitting instructor asked what size bat she was using the other day (32 drop 9 LXT) and said she was stronger than that and had her try one of the older girls Rocketech 34" drop 9 just because it happened to be close by I'm assuming it was a 2018 or 2019 model. My 13 yr old is 5 foot 6 about 160 lbs and a pretty good hitter regardless I thought this bat would be too big of a jump but to my surprise she hit a bucket of bombs like nothing I have ever seen come of the barrel of her LXT . So I've been looking in to buying her one (probably a 33 as opposed to the 34) just wondering if anyone here may have any first hand experience with the new model Anderson's ? Thanks guys
Hi- We have 2019 Rocketech 32” 23oz. It’s a heavy end loaded bat. We use it in cold weather and tee work.
On Hit Trax the Anderson matched the 18 Ghost for exit velocity and distance. It should it’s a heavier end loaded bat.
Honestly haven’t used it in games much due to weight. It’s a great training bat and as DD gets stronger it may at some point become game worthy.

Dec 17, 2019
These bats aren’t for every girl and I wouldn’t recommend them for a team bat. The end load on these is like no other bat.
This is exactly right! Got an older 33” Rocketech in yesterday for me to use as a coaches bat, this sucker is END loaded! Easily the majority of the ladies can’t use this bat! This is a hitters bat, a bigger, stronger hitter!

Oct 4, 2018
I picked up this one:

YES -- IT IS CLEARLY MARKED AS DEFECTIVE (something about the sleeve). But it was $60 and looks pristine. Have it now but daughter has the flu. :(

Not entirely sure why I bought it. But I want her to have an aluminum to use in cold weather, off machines, etc. And want her to swing an end-loaded and see what it's like and how it feels.

32, drop 9. Came in at 24.5 ounces.

Nov 22, 2019
Minnesota, USA
I picked up this one:

YES -- IT IS CLEARLY MARKED AS DEFECTIVE (something about the sleeve). But it was $60 and looks pristine. Have it now but daughter has the flu. :(

Not entirely sure why I bought it. But I want her to have an aluminum to use in cold weather, off machines, etc. And want her to swing an end-loaded and see what it's like and how it feels.

32, drop 9. Came in at 24.5 ounces.

I see the seller mentions that there is no issue using the bat in games if the sleeve starts to shift. That is definitely false. Anything moving on a bat that shouldn't be and any good umpire is not allowing that bat to be used.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802