Opinions on bat comparison...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 5, 2016
A bunch...she would hit a bunch with a sawmill slab.
Which supports my feeling that a lot of bat selection is akin to shopping for the latest clothing fashions. I get that a good bat is helpful but does not replace ability and training. Why, if softball players were Marines, you would give the team one aluminum bat and they would accomplish the mission.

Jun 22, 2019
Yeah, but Alo is special. A good bat makes a difference for most players

Top of the line bats will all perform, but there is no magic bat that will replace ability and training.

Feb 1, 2021
there is no magic bat that will replace ability and training.

When I played baseball back when I was 9 or 10, we had one team bat. No idea what it was because it was spray painted gold. We literally called it "the magic bat" and I think it really was magic. I loved that bat.

May 17, 2018
My daughter loves the 2016 Xeno. 32/22. I am going to have to find her a 33/23. What do you know about the 16 LXT:? Appreciate your time and help!

May 17, 2018
If she wants a new bat, but there is nothing wrong with the bat she is using (isn't too small, hasn't lost pop, etc), then she can figure out a way to pay for it herself...I know it is the 21st century, but there is no rule that says that kids need to get everything they want.
Thanks bro. This will be a birthday gift. She is ready for a 33/23 i assume. She is 5'9 and solid. So i am not 100% sure!

Feb 24, 2021
Trust me I am no expert and would never claim to be, my opinion with the tech these days and all the money the companies invest in R&D creating these bats pushing the limits I have a hard time believing there is a "bad" bat out there, as far as the big players go I'm not talking the $30 bat at Walmart. For every post or comment I see about someone hating their bat I see other comment where someone thinks it's the absolute best. One mans junk is another mans treasure I guess. And athletes are a superstitious bunch, at least the ones I know lol, hell when I was MUCH younger we were running late to one of my games so my mom made me a bologna sandwich on a hamburger bun, I threw my first no-hitter so the rest of that year I ate the same dam sandwich before every game lol. Just my opinion.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles