Thoughts on adding a LXT or Xeno to a Rocketech hitters bag

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Thanks everyone for the feedback and additional suggestions. She couldn't decide so she is getting a 31 LXT and a 32 Xeno now that they have come way down in price...Happy Birthday & Merry Christmas kid!

After swinging the LXT, Xeno, CF6, Stealth (couldn't find a Mako to try), 454 and her RT she couldn't decide between the 2 LS. Balls seemed to be coming off all of these really well in cage, and she says the LS felt the best. Only major difference I saw was a huge smile on her face after hitting the LXT.
That's awesome, Tom. Cycle back and let us know how her thoughts as she gets to use them over the next few weeks.

Only major difference I saw was a huge smile on her face after hitting the LXT.
And there you have your winner!

Tom

Mar 13, 2014
Texas
Daughter got the LXT and seems to really love it. I dont want her to lose confidence in it so I haven't said anything to her, but to me, it seems like she is just not getting the line drive power with it that she was with the RT. She has put about 300 soft toss and 100 front toss hits on it. I am going to try putting some dad hits on it for her to see if that loosens it up. Was surprised at how much the extra 1" altered her swing initially. Am hoping this is just a "getting used to it" thing.

It probably weighs about 3oz less than her RT. No way it hit with the same amount of power unless it is the same weight. Seriously ... that is a 15% difference. That is a ton.

Remember, RTs aren't hotter than any other bat, just a helluva lot heavier. That's where the "power" comes from. Have her swing a -8 LXT or Xeno or whatever (still probably lighter than the RT) and see how far the ball goes.

coachbob

Banned
Apr 26, 2012
SoCal
Not sure about the RT transition but....I bought two LXT's and one Mako for team bats recently. The girls tried them both, and most are swinging the LXT. Two girls love the Mako, but the lighter swinging Mako is the more user friendly bat for my 12U girls.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
It probably weighs about 3oz less than her RT. No way it hit with the same amount of power unless it is the same weight. Seriously ... that is a 15% difference. That is a ton.

Remember, RTs aren't hotter than any other bat, just a helluva lot heavier. That's where the "power" comes from. Have her swing a -8 LXT or Xeno or whatever (still probably lighter than the RT) and see how far the ball goes.

Thank you :)

Jan 24, 2009

Not un-true, but...<sigh> LXT and Xeno don't come in -8 in lengths below 33". Few options exist for those of us wanting a beefier stick in 32". RT is one option.

Not un-true, but...<sigh> LXT and Xeno don't come in -8 in lengths below 33". Few options exist for those of us wanting a beefier stick in 32". RT is one option.
DD has a -9 LXT in 32" and the thing is crazy hot. It is still lighter than her "-10" SRV4B but it hits right with it in terms of distance and exit speed.

Still nowhere near what is essentially a -7 like the RT. But then again, a heckuva lot easier for the vast majority of girls to swing.

Tom

Mar 13, 2014
Texas
Quick post season update on the bats. After deciding on the LXT she used it in practices and one tournament. She did not have good results with it and came to the conclusion I had that this was not the right bat for her. She was still connecting but not driving with power like she had been and decided she didn't want to use it. We returned the bat to LS (who took the bat back with no problem under their 30 day trial warranty. Side note...the LS customer service people were great and seemed to really to take note of what she didn't like about it to pass to their R&D people. Great company who seem to take pride in customer satisfaction). The team she was playing on had a deal with DeMarini so we got the CF7 Insane, and I was also able to get a Mako as well. She didn't care for the Mako at all and it only has about 3 BP sessions and one game on it (need to list it for sale). The CF7 did OK, but same as LXT, she couldn't generate the same line power as she was used to with her RT. Ultimately she went back to her RT for the last 2 tournaments and did very well (hit for the cycle in second game using it again). Guess that goes to prove the odd adage of "if it isn't broke don't fix it", or her new adage of "stop screwing around with my bats...dad".

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA

Again Tom...gotta compare apples to apples...so I will repost this from LAS

LS will listen to your comments and say they will pass it along as they are told to say because they need to type something in the "why you are returning" section, but what you experience has nothing to do with the bats or the performance or R&D. Same goes for the Easton and Demar bats you have tried and didnt like.

Players have their preferences

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck