Opinions on bat comparison...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
Bats are awesome! Nothing wrong with favorites, and people will go to the ends of the earth for their favorites.. That is for sure. I personally think that all of the bats are way closer in performance than we'd like to believe.

The bats designs are tested and certified in a dynamic way, I believe the 1.20 Bat Performace Factor is such a test.

The static compression test, IMO, is a "field test" to ensure that a bat is still unmodified.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
Oh and my N=1 world, the 34-10 DeMarini FNX is the bat to beat (haha, most people hate them!). I will probably buy a Meta X for DD when it comes out!

Jun 8, 2016
The bats designs are tested and certified in a dynamic way, I believe the 1.20 Bat Performace Factor is such a test.
Wel I'll be da*%end..you are right :LOL: . I probably should have known this (this shows you how much I pay attention to bats..lol) and I am surprised you were the only one who corrected me. With this in mind, one has to wonder if the off-"sweet spot" l contact performance is what distinguishes many bats from each other (since I am assuming the BPF is measured on the barrel)

Mar 28, 2014
Wel I'll be da*%end..you are right :LOL: . I probably should have known this (this shows you how much I pay attention to bats..lol) and I am surprised you were the only one who corrected me. With this in mind, one has to wonder if the off-"sweet spot" l contact performance is what distinguishes many bats from each other (since I am assuming the BPF is measured on the barrel)
everyone is afraid of correcting you. You scary man.

May 7, 2015
SoCal

There is little to no information on the 1.20 bpf test, I'd assume that no manufacturer would like results to get out! I would definitely assume that the "off sweet spot" is a differentiator... I'd also imagine that there are a million different ways to skin the cat with regards to bat weighting, etc.

I can imagine that there's a huge drop in barrel performance of all bats as you hit it away from the sweet spot, especially as the best part of the bat is fixed in performance. The difference might be how it feels when you hit it wrong..

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
There is little to no information on the 1.20 bpf test, I'd assume that no manufacturer would like results to get out! I would definitely assume that the "off sweet spot" is a differentiator... I'd also imagine that there are a million different ways to skin the cat with regards to bat weighting, etc.

I can imagine that there's a huge drop in barrel performance of all bats as you hit it away from the sweet spot, especially as the best part of the bat is fixed in performance. The difference might be how it feels when you hit it wrong..

There is a huge drop in performance as you get away from the ss. The inner tech of most bats are made to maximize
ss trampoline. As you get away from the ss, the reaction of the barrel is much less...whether you misshit towards the
endcap or handle, will be less than the ss. Thats why when they do compression test, they do it at the ss.

The BPF is only what the bat is allowed to get to. Now, the key is that when you play with the inner tech, you can make
the outer composite thinner and hotter...and the inner tech keeps the bat from going over the limit. Thats why you get
bats that are hotter out of the wrapper than others

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles