Thoughts on adding a LXT or Xeno to a Rocketech hitters bag

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Tom

Mar 13, 2014
Texas
My daughter has been swinging a RT 30" with pretty good success on her tournament team. She has hit some bombs with the RT, but it appears that the composites do better than the RT when hit isn't on sweet spot. She is about to be 11 yo, and is 5' 95 lbs. We were looking at getting either a Xeno or LXT and moving up to a 31 or 32. My question was if anyone had difficultly making the adjustment from the RT to LS and if the "load" position change is significant enough to have to change swing. From what I read it seemed the LS were both more balanced than RT. While she loves her RT, I don't know that she will want to stay with the brand long term given the changes in the firm.

Also, does anyone know of a place in the Dallas area where she can try out the LS bats?

Thanks

LXT is definitely better for a larger sweet spot than Xeno. Largest out there is the Mako.

Remember, the RT she is swinging gets its "power" from its weight. It is probably closer to a -7 than anything, and even though the company tried (and succeeded) in getting people to think differently, it really is the extra weight that makes the ball fly. If you don't believe me, grab a -10 LXT and -8 LXT and hit balls off a tee with both of them. I guarantee you the -8 balls will go farther.

May 31, 2012
Lxt is gonna feel very light compared to rt. Xeno is gonna feel light. You could probably go with a 32"

Jul 2, 2013
If you're going composite to get a bigger sweet spot, Xeno isn't a great choice. Not sure about LXT.

We have been using the Xeno or several years now, and are very, very pleased. the sweet spot is just fine, and man the bat has some pop.

The lower the drop on most bats, and we use a drop 9, usually the larger the sweet spot. I see too many players using a drop 10, or lighter, to get more speed with a longer bat. The big hitters in high school go with drop 9's. For even when hit away from the sweet spot, will still muscle the ball to a hit.

With a 95 lb. player, I do not have an answer. Other than it seems the OP is messing around a bunch with bat selection, when it may not be the answer being looked for.

Apr 21, 2014
My daughter still has two 2012 XENOS which I believe have a great sweet spot. The RT's have always felt heavy (end loaded) to my daughter. Like the original post says you can hit bombs with them, especially the 05 Rocket tech. I always believed in getting them the best but she has to like the feel of what she's swinging. My daughter is a switch hitter and smoked a triple down the right field line on her first game swing with the Xeno and was hooked.

Apr 21, 2014
I would like to have a little more info on the LXT. If you guys don't mind I haven't talked to many at any tournaments yet. Thanks in advance.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
DD tried just about every bat out there when switching from her RT. She settled on the Mizuno Whiteout in a -9. She said it felt the most like her RT but was a little lighter so she could get it around quicker. Right out of the wrapper it had good pop but you can tell it hasn't been fully broken in yet even after 500 swings or so. Tonight at her HS game she dropped one over the 225' fence but the CF made a phenomenal over the fence catch for the out.

Tom

Mar 13, 2014
Texas
Thanks everyone for the feedback and additional suggestions. She couldn't decide so she is getting a 31 LXT and a 32 Xeno now that they have come way down in price...Happy Birthday & Merry Christmas kid!

After swinging the LXT, Xeno, CF6, Stealth (couldn't find a Mako to try), 454 and her RT she couldn't decide between the 2 LS. Balls seemed to be coming off all of these really well in cage, and she says the LS felt the best. Only major difference I saw was a huge smile on her face after hitting the LXT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck