The Kelly Barnhill Thread

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 17, 2012
If there was ill will how come when they interview the other coaches during the games they are nothing but complimentary of KB??

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
If there was ill will how come when they interview the other coaches during the games they are nothing but complimentary of KB??

Not really sure. I know that whenever someone is interviewed on national TV they always speak candidly and honestly no matter what the political or career repercussions. People never conceal their true feelings because they want to keep their jobs. Seems like every week there is a coach publicly criticizing SEC officials and administrators.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2012
If these SEC coaches or the any coaches for that matter thought that Florida and the others were making a travesty or a mockery out of this game ( still a joke to me ) there would be at least a whisper of this somewhere... There isnt.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Why does not the SEC address this divisive situation??? Has to be creating ill will among the SEC teams!

Because it would weaken the over all conference relative to the other Power conferences? Maybe they're busy reviewing whether it's a good idea for the home team to select umpires? Or debating the PR merits of disciplining Walton and/or Fagan? Or too busy counting the cash from their revenue sports' TV contracts? Or maybe believe that rules for non-revenue generating sports are silly?

Sep 10, 2013
how about we ask amanda scarborough? She interviewed KB on how she grips her riseball. why not ask her on KB's IP? why no umpire ever calls IP on KB?

Jun 12, 2015
Sunday we went to the GA State game. Both the GSU pitcher and the other team's (I can't even remember who they were playing, I was half asleep all day) had a crow hop. The umpire started calling it on the opposing team. The fans got very riled up about her calling it on them but not home team. So she started calling it on the home team too. DH lost a FB friend this weekend when we played a team where the AC's daughter was quick pitching. DH was respectful in conveying that she was pitching illegally (he was not asking the umpire to call it, just an FYI) but her daddy was not happy to hear it. He kind of flipped out about it actually. That defensive reaction some parents have is probably a big part of why this continues. It starts early on, the parents are like, "Don't insult my baby," and it gets so ingrained I bet it's very difficult for them to change it later.

Jun 18, 2010
barnhill_vs_georgia_rise_zpsiik3x2yl.gif

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Sunday we went to the GA State game. Both the GSU pitcher and the other team's (I can't even remember who they were playing, I was half asleep all day) had a crow hop. The umpire started calling it on the opposing team. The fans got very riled up about her calling it on them but not home team. So she started calling it on the home team too. DH lost a FB friend this weekend when we played a team where the AC's daughter was quick pitching. DH was respectful in conveying that she was pitching illegally (he was not asking the umpire to call it, just an FYI) but her daddy was not happy to hear it. He kind of flipped out about it actually. That defensive reaction some parents have is probably a big part of why this continues. It starts early on, the parents are like, "Don't insult my baby," and it gets so ingrained I bet it's very difficult for them to change it later.

That is the result of helicopter parents raising entitled little brats. I fear it will probably get worse before it gets better. These parents will come up with endless rationalizations from she isn't legal, to it is never called, to it is a bad rule in order to shield their kids from possible failure. These are the same kids that are dumbfounded when they graduate and cannot get a job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi