Tempe, AZ coach arrested

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
I think just about every country has a broken system. I was once in the UK during an election. The day before the election Rupert Murdoch threatened to stop putting topless pictures on Page 3 of his newspaper if Labor won. He put in a picture of 25 topless ladies asking the voters to vote Conservative.

Which was easily at least as weird as anything I've seen in an American election.

Labor did NOT win, but he eventually cancelled the pics anyway.

I used to have a roommate from Ghana. One time while we roomed together, Ghana had an election. The head of the election board was in his car with ALL the ballots. The guy was kidnapped, along with all the ballots. Then a few days later the head of the election board was released by the kidnappers, along with all the ballots, and then counted the ballots. Amazingly, the party in power won re-election.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
I was in Panama before an election. One 'contestant' held a big rally In old town and looked to have a large base of support. There was a giant spread of food! Im not sure what he was talking about, I was there for the free lunch. Terrible mess off plastic plates and garbage was left on the ground after the rally.

I like Sanders. I dont agree with his politics and wont vote for him but he seems honest on his goal of fundamentally changing America to mirror Cuba and Venezuela.

I have a huge man crush on Dr. Benjamin Carson. Ill be writing him in. I love his cool relaxed demeanor, fun stories. His prayer breakfast speech had me rolling! Love his take on the pyramids too, storing seeds in a cool dark place seems like a good idea even if the Egyptians didnt agree.lol

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
ian, you might be getting too close to the line.

Remember, either the distinguished former Sec of State or one of the several distinguished gentlemen running will soon be our Head of State, Commander-in-Chief of our armed forces, first among equals, and President of these United States.

Treat this with respect. There are important issues out there, like whether gluten-free food is suitable for our men and women in uniform.

I sometimes jokingly complain that the candidates all seem to avoid the important softball related issues facing our nation. Lord help us if softball comes up in the campaign.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Look at the bright side Bob. Cuba and Venezuela turn out some great ball players. Puig, Sandoval, need I say more?

Bob which 'contestant' runinng for office could at one time roll two or take the off speed pitch oppo over the wall? You want me to take them seriously?

For the gluten free thing maybe we can find some non-GMO wheat seeds in the pyramids. In that climate the seeds could last thousands of years.

http://www.nytimes.com/1997/05/09/world/the-seeds-of-history-a-find-in-mexico.html

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
In deference to the site sponsor I won't bring up politics.

But I will say I got a kick out of the last few posts on the topic, especially Bob's.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
I know people.....
tumblr_njcz48eQCA1td9bx9o1_400.gif

Back on topic. Sorry madam mod.

Jul 20, 2013
There's a highschool HC I've heard of around my area that is very "friendly" with the girls...one of our coaches on our past team said his DD saw one of the other girls with a lollipop in her mouth before practice just chillin. Coach comes by and joins a chat her and couple others had going and then takes the girl's lollipop (that she was eating) and took a couple licks, and gave it back smiling, joking around about how she should keep eating it...

Needless to say all the girls gave coach a very odd look and I felt some vomit rise up.

There's other small touchy stuff I hear but it's what we "hear" and no one has ever said anything has happened though. Thank God that HS is not in our district, DD would not play with such a semi-borderline-perv.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi