spins, spin toys, spin workouts

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Hey Marc lets talk about a workout for spins.... Lets say you ahve all the toys you can buy or concoct on your own:
spin right spinner (hockey puck like disc)
fastspin trainer (ball on stick with a loading spring)
zip ball ( little ball from cindy Bristow softball excellence)
cannonball (16 oz ball - hard one not the squishy one)

1. What are people experiences/ ideas for good hand finger stength spin improvement?
2. what is a good routine for training routine - sets, reps, frequency, weekly schedule

As reference and to start the discussion
we use spin right to get the right direction and rotation
fastspin trainer in a combination of hard twists ( 2 x 15 with the spring tight) with fast spins ( 2 x 10 with it all the way loose)
zip ball for live pitching with the finger tips to max spin
cannonball for rise ball spin strengthing and 12 oclock rotation ( spin from stance in open positon onto cement floor and look for ball to bounce staright back up to the hand)

Thanks

Aug 21, 2008
Not sure what ever happened to just using a ball as they'd sit on the couch. It worked pretty well for me. I'm sure there's a lot of validty to the gadgets out there but a lot of them are simply junk. Use a ball. That's what he/she will be throwing in an actual game anyway.. not the spinner. The sooner they learn how to spin the ball using the seams, the more ahead she'll be.

Bill

Jul 12, 2008
Tuscola, IL
Bill, I couldn't agree with you more. My daughter has been using the spinner for over a year working on this rise, with some success but never the "true" riseball spin. And then we watched you clinic where you screwed 2 balls together, we have been using it for 2 weeks and now she can see what the right spin is. I have to now where a mask. Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi