Signing Day for kids that don't play school ball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I reread his response and you’re right about the name calling. He wasn’t calling me a dick, but he still jumped on me about “not being able to help myself” when I said nothing about his DD.
Its interesting to read comments and replys on a forum.
Some are seeking others to concur.
Some are seeking to tell others their wrong.
Some are seeking good discussion that includes an open minded approach to perspectives.
Sometimes the attitude of reader/writer dictates perspective to the mindset.
Such is life...
Beware the messenger ;)

Oct 5, 2017
Western Indiana
We had a TB player quit our program two years ago. (She was going to be benched for a game due to her attitude toward coaches and teammates.) She and mom decided she was too good to sit, so she quit. (Never doubted where the attitude came from.) This player continued with TB and I was informed that she will continue her education and play softball at a small college. (I know this is not a D1 thing but we are a small rural school that normally does have a signing day.) There will be no signing ceremony for her at our high school.

May 1, 2018
As a select Coach....I'd be happy to have one of my girls sign in front of our Select team logo instead of a HS. Just saying.

May 23, 2018
It says the school doesn't want to hire a qualified coach in to coach the girls softball team. In fact none of the girls sports coaches at her school have experience with the sport that they are coach. Their focus is on the boy's teams and that's it. They built a 180 million dollar school with amazing facilities, but their disregard for the girl's programs is very sad. My kid is not the only high level athlete that isn't playing for the school.

It says a lot about the school! They look like idiots for not having PR regarding the signing. Call it sour grapes, but the school looks bad.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Just curious if anyone has/had a DD that didn't play for their HS team and what you did about signing day. My DD played for her HS 7-9th grade, but is no longer on the team and they will not allow her to sign at the school. She is an excellent student and will be signing with a D1 school. I just thought that Any student signing to play a sport in college would make the school look good, but that is apparently not the case. Any input is appreciated, thanks!
I am sorry to here this. Just this year, we had a young lady who made it known that she was not going to play her senior year but who was signing with an NAIA school. She did the signing ceremony at school. None of the HS coaches were invited but it really didn't matter. Good for her and I really and glad she can keep playing.

May 16, 2016
In my opinion, it would be disrespectful to the players who toughed it out, and played for the school, to allow someone who quit after the 9th grade to participate in their signing ceremony.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krugersoftball