What % Travel ball players don't play high school ball?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2023
Travel ball players who don't play for their high schools
= An unknown number.

Any guesses on the percentage of * high school age travel ball players that don't play for their high schools?

This would include and not be limited to the amount of high schools that don't have softball programs.

Jun 20, 2015
i know of a fair number that have bypassed several years of High school ball, played travel and are playing in college.

And they specifically did not play High school ball to not tolerate toxic, bullying head coaches.

May 13, 2023
Well, school ball is like family, can't choose family you're stuck with them.

Travel you can pick like friends.

Sent from my LE2115 using Tapatalk
Seem to find it's interesting what will influence people's decisions whether it's the players on the team or the coaches 🤷‍♀️

Hard to come up with a percentage number 🤔 best guess is between 10% and maybe 20% .

Thinking about it every travel team I know has some players that don't play for their High School. And for different reasons.

Jan 25, 2022
School ball seems to take priority around here. There may be some kid that only play travel, but I'm not aware of any. There is a good travel player around here who is home schooled, and home-schooled kids in this state aren't eligible to play at a public school.

Oct 4, 2018
I know a few.

In my area and to my knowledge:

50% of travel players play HS ball and it's a generally good experience
40% of travel players play HS ball and it's meh
10% don't play HS ball

The 40% is a combination of things: 1) Girl doesn't get to play her preferred position, 2) doesn't like the girls on the team, 3) doesn't like that the team sucks, 4) doesn't like that the coach sucks, 5) doesn't get to play much

May 16, 2016
Illinois
In this area of Illinois I would estimate that about 5% of travel ball players do not play high school ball. My daughter absolutely loved her first year of high school softball. Great group of girls and great group of coaches.

You won't get any complaints from me about high school softball (well maybe the weather sucks at times, early spring). I enjoyed the season very much. I save a bunch of money due to not having to travel during that time of year, and 75% of her games are within 20 minutes of the house. I am actually looking forward to the high school season.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles