Sigh - 2 broken bats in 5 months

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 20, 2019
Im gonna be honest here. This broken Easton bat thing is reaching meme level proportions. I hate it for you Core as i know you feel like you have to defend Easton as you are a distributor but in my opinion they really need to fix their quality issues. I would highly suggest to anyone who does buy one of these bats to do so from Core as having someone like him in your corner to help you get your third or 4th warranty replacement will be priceless...... ;-) Or you could just buy a Mizuno from him and spend less time at the UPS store.....lol.

Oct 29, 2019
Well yeah..you kept on hitting it after the crack. What I said was a barrel wont just fly off when
it has a crack. If you keep going and going...at some point it will break thru all the weave.
Easton helps you out more than once if need be:)

I did not know this. I probably should not have thrown the warranty replacements in the trash. It was only a couple months old.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I hate it for you Core as i know you feel like you have to defend Easton as you are a distributor

I dont defend anything, I defend against posts not giving all the info...or guys hitting 15K bp balls
and only saying bats have 5 games on them, or like in the other thread...oh, we only hit indoors
for 4 months and it broke...hahahaha

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
A tale of a Easton Ghost Advanced...
Originally purchased Aug 2020. First game delivered a nice HR over the LF fence at a showcase event in AZ.
Top Left: 3/30/21 - This is a few weeks after we noticed the first signs of cracks starting to develop around the lower part of the barrel. I submitted my claim to Easton on this day. My DD hit with the bat at her lesson the following day, and had a backyard cage session that following weekend. She decided she was determined to make the bat break in half.
Top Right: 4/8/21 - This was immediately after a team hitting session that included probably 200 hits. The day before was a lesson. The following day, my DD spent hours in our backyard cage hitting off a tee, trying to finish it off, with no success.
Bottom: 4/10/21 - Finally broken!! About 40 hits into front-toss at our local park, the crack completed itself all the way around. Up until the last couple of hits, my DD was still getting 190-200' hard line drives from the bat. We were both very surprised about how long it took to reach complete failure, and how much performance remained up to the end.
2g1gDRc.jpg

Note - Hitting with this bat after 3/30 was in practice only, and always done where anyone within range of a possible flying barrel was protected and aware of the situation.

Jun 8, 2016
A tale of a Easton Ghost Advanced...
Originally purchased Aug 2020. First game delivered a nice HR over the LF fence at a showcase event in AZ.
Top Left: 3/30/21 - This is a few weeks after we noticed the first signs of cracks starting to develop around the lower part of the barrel. I submitted my claim to Easton on this day. My DD hit with the bat at her lesson the following day, and had a backyard cage session that following weekend. She decided she was determined to make the bat break in half.
Top Right: 4/8/21 - This was immediately after a team hitting session that included probably 200 hits. The day before was a lesson. The following day, my DD spent hours in our backyard cage hitting off a tee, trying to finish it off, with no success.
Bottom: 4/10/21 - Finally broken!! About 40 hits into front-toss at our local park, the crack completed itself all the way around. Up until the last couple of hits, my DD was still getting 190-200' hard line drives from the bat. We were both very surprised about how long it took to reach complete failure, and how much performance remained up to the end.
2g1gDRc.jpg

Note - Hitting with this bat after 3/30 was in practice only, and always done where anyone within range of a possible flying barrel was protected and aware of the situation.
Nice breakdown...😉

Nov 21, 2017
20210413_163852.gif
My DD's coach grabbed her bat to hit some fly balls and he came up to me and told me the bat is broken. I was a little confused as I didn't see any cracks at all. But he said the outer barrel is loose from the bat. You can wiggle it a little but my DD used it last at bat and didn't notice any issues. Has anyone has a similar issue? Is it really broken ?Also I am a little mad because the warranty expired 3 months ago. So I am guessing I can't get a replacement. Let me just say I will not be buying another one real soon.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Geez, if your gonna try and break the bat in half trying to move the connection, its gonna move...hahaha.

Do people realize the connection is a moving part. The handle isnt molded to the barrel, so its
going to move a little.

This is prob some batting coach that read 50 forums and now is trying to play Mr bat guy :ROFLMAO:
You just said your dd used it and felt nothing...stop listening to people. If the connection breaks, your
dd will feel it. If your really that concerned, roll up the rubber part and look for a crack. BUT, dont rip
the rubber piece. Also, dont confuse the ugly glue and connection with a crack.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13