Sigh - 2 broken bats in 5 months

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
I prefer to swing a full sized bat. Most of us have them laying around. If for some reason, I don't have mine, I'll grab my own dd's bat. Not someone else's bat.

I agree with that, but DD is a "player" as well. Fortunately, she's been swinging a 33 or 34 for some time now. I used a wooden LL bat for awhile. It gave me better control on grounders, and using a full size SP bat resulted in too many balls going further than I wanted and me getting really tired swinging it as rapidly as I needed to before a game.

Sep 28, 2020
NJ
My oldest DD has had a blue, dual stamp and an advanced and knock on wood she’s hasn’t broken one yet. She hits hard compared to her little sister who has broken two dual stamps in the past six months. To be fair one was used by her older sister for a few month until she moved up in size. After she cracked the second I asked her if she was rotating her bat when she was taking BP /hitting off the tee and got a blank look. If I get a year out of them it’s probably about time to size up anyway... but can’t count on hand me downs for my youngest with them unfortunately.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
That is more than a little wiggle, and will only get worse with more use.

Sitting there, holding a bat at the handle and barrel and bending it will cause it to move

If the hitter doesnt feel any diff, its fine. You will feel it when a connection gives. A grown man swinging a kids bat will
flex more than usual...so no doubt the coach though it moved...it was...haha

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
Sitting there, holding a bat at the handle and barrel and bending it will cause it to move

If the hitter doesnt feel any diff, its fine. You will feel it when a connection gives. A grown man swinging a kids bat will
flex more than usual...so no doubt the coach though it moved...it was...haha

DD's two-joint 2017 LXT has a bit of visible flex at the barrel joint, but it's very small, and not detectable at all by shaking it. Regardless of who claims it's normal, the bat in the video probably fails inspection at tournaments that do them. I've seen Ghosts with a ridiculous amount of wobble in the joint and some with none at all. For those joints that do loosen, it apparently gets worse at time goes on.

Apr 26, 2015
Ok - help me out here. I am reading the posts about the ghost adv shown above and how it is possibly not broken and I'm just second guessing things.

My daughter has been complaining for a week that her bat felt "off" at the last tourney. If you hold it at arms length and give it a shake you can feel the connection move. I can't really see any movement when we "try" to move it. But it definitely moves when you hold it out straight and shake. Clear as mud? It's a '21 LXT if that makes any difference. She said she feels like when she hits a ball it's going to snap. She has used LXTs and Xenos most of her "career" so she is pretty familiar with how they feel.

I am just so confused!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 14, 2019
I did not know this. I probably should not have thrown the warranty replacements in the trash. It was only a couple months old.
I received a second GA warranty replacement in January, the warranty was up in February. The second replacement just cracked last week. I called Easton yesterday and even though the warranty was up a couple of months ago, they are still going to give me a replacement. I also requested the replacement to be a drop 10 instead of the drop 11, which I think will help. They are going to give me a drop 10. So I was very happy with the customer service. They did say this will be the last replacement, which I get. But if you call and are civil and don't get upset they seem willing to work with you even past the warranty period as long as it's with in a reasonable time frame.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
DD's two-joint 2017 LXT has a bit of visible flex at the barrel joint, but it's very small, and not detectable at all by shaking it. Regardless of who claims it's normal, the bat in the video probably fails inspection at tournaments that do them. I've seen Ghosts with a ridiculous amount of wobble in the joint and some with none at all. For those joints that do loosen, it apparently gets worse at time goes on.

She said she didnt feel anything while hitting it...its only the person bending the bat staring at it.

If you wanna convince her to send it in, thats fine. Use the warranty for something that prob is fine. I dont think its anything
bad, but just my opinion. When the connection fails, you can tell.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2016
In the last year, we have had a broken connection on an lxt and an advanced. Both were the same. When you picked it up, you could feel the barrel move. You didn't have to actively bend it to feel it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802