Sigh - 2 broken bats in 5 months

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
In the last year, we have had a broken connection on an lxt and an advanced. Both were the same. When you picked it up, you could feel the barrel move. You didn't have to actively bend it to feel it.

Yep. Had the same on a Ghost Dual-Stamp.

Oct 4, 2018
Yup - this exactly! We need 2 bats. This second broken bat is the warranty bat so they won't replace it. It just boggles my mind. Have to figure something out quickly here. HS season is fall for us - but she does have a tourney next weekend and no bat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Closeoutbats.com, Amazon and Dicks all deliver really fast. And Core (member here) might have stuff that he can get you that fast. Or check the FOR SALE section here.

Oct 4, 2018
Im gonna be honest here. This broken Easton bat thing is reaching meme level proportions. I hate it for you Core as i know you feel like you have to defend Easton as you are a distributor but in my opinion they really need to fix their quality issues. I would highly suggest to anyone who does buy one of these bats to do so from Core as having someone like him in your corner to help you get your third or 4th warranty replacement will be priceless...... ;-) Or you could just buy a Mizuno from him and spend less time at the UPS store.....lol.

While I agree it's a problem that needs to be addressed, for every person complaining, there are many with no issues. Of the memes I do see on Facebook and stuff it's often people who have never touched a Ghost making the comments. People just like to make the jokes.

Both my DDs are using Ghost Advanced, and both have been hitting with them for over a year and multiple times per week. No cracks.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Yup, my point...if the connection has failed...you know it. You dont have to bend it to try and see if its broken :)

And also, when bats get more broken in, the connection also loosens up a bit

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
While I agree it's a problem that needs to be addressed, for every person complaining, there are many with no issues. Of the memes I do see on Facebook and stuff it's often people who have never touched a Ghost making the comments. People just like to make the jokes.

Both my DDs are using Ghost Advanced, and both have been hitting with them for over a year and multiple times per week. No cracks.

Its fans of other bats that usually do it...lets post memes to try and sway people's opinons...like they have stock in the
brand they like...hahaha

Oct 4, 2018
View attachment 21697
My DD's coach grabbed her bat to hit some fly balls and he came up to me and told me the bat is broken. I was a little confused as I didn't see any cracks at all. But he said the outer barrel is loose from the bat. You can wiggle it a little but my DD used it last at bat and didn't notice any issues. Has anyone has a similar issue? Is it really broken ?Also I am a little mad because the warranty expired 3 months ago. So I am guessing I can't get a replacement. Let me just say I will not be buying another one real soon.

Whoa...

DO NOT LET COACH USE YOUR DD'S BAT!!!

Oct 4, 2018
Its fans of other bats that usually do it...lets post memes to try and sway people's opinons...like they have stock in the
brand they like...hahaha

Yeah, I can't tell you how many joke about Ghost and then in the next breath pitch the Anderson line of new bats. So obviously a rep with some bats to sell.

May 20, 2019
I have no stock or loyalty to any brand. I just find it disappointing that something that costs so much would be so fragile. Luckly my DD is a runt and not to bat breaking size yet..... lol. I will say that however that when it comes time to purchase a new bat I will likely reach out to Core to do so because service after the sale is so important to me but will be a Mizuno instead of an Easton. Customer service is a lost art it seems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802