Sigh - 2 broken bats in 5 months

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 26, 2015
Xeno seems like a wierd bat for a slapper.

She was pretty effective with it! Haha! She slaps but also hits away. She led both her TB and HS teams in triples last year. I think a good slapper can make any bat work for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 20, 2015
DD#1 - technically a 2nd year 16u, plays 18u, junior in HS - has swung LOTS of bats - had a 2018 ASA, never bothered with a dual stamp, jumped right to Advance when it came out - she has swung LOTS of bats in her time, nothing has compared to the Advance in her opinion.......she has an older LXT as a cold weather bat, and hates it........she liked the 2018 ASA a lot, but said the advanced is a whole other level - she loves the feedback, she loves the feel, the pop is obvious

we'll see how DD#2 feels when it comes in; she liked the dual stamp better, but never really articulated why - she is more a see it/hit it type of kid

Oct 29, 2019
1-uper here. 3 ghosts in 6 months.

14U and she is a contact hitter and takes care of her bat.

Just sent off the 3rd Ghost for a replacement (almost snapped in 1/2) in the middle of the sweet spot.

Just ordered the Prism+ to see if we have better luck.

Currently mid season and she doesn't have a bat.

Warrantees are great but it takes awhile. You pretty much need 2 bats

Apr 26, 2015
1-uper here. 3 ghosts in 6 months.

14U and she is a contact hitter and takes care of her bat.

Just sent off the 3rd Ghost for a replacement (almost snapped in 1/2) in the middle of the sweet spot.

Just ordered the Prism+ to see if we have better luck.

Currently mid season and she doesn't have a bat.

Warrantees are great but it takes awhile. You pretty much need 2 bats

Yup - this exactly! We need 2 bats. This second broken bat is the warranty bat so they won't replace it. It just boggles my mind. Have to figure something out quickly here. HS season is fall for us - but she does have a tourney next weekend and no bat.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Yup - this exactly! We need 2 bats. This second broken bat is the warranty bat so they won't replace it. It just boggles my mind. Have to figure something out quickly here. HS season is fall for us - but she does have a tourney next weekend and no bat.

Easton helps you out more than once if need be:)

Oct 29, 2019
Honestly, thats never gonna happen unless you literally hit it time and time again on that
crack trying to make it separate. Composite weave just doesnt snap in half and fly off :)
I don't know man.

I watched it happen at a hitting lesson.

It cracked all the way around. She said OMG dad. Then she swung it a 5ish more times and it was 2/3rds gone in a perfect line right around the sweet spot.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I don't know man.

I watched it happen at a hitting lesson.

It cracked all the way around. She said OMG dad. Then she swung it a 5ish more times and it was 2/3rds gone in a perfect line right around the sweet spot.

Well yeah..you kept on hitting it after the crack. What I said was a barrel wont just fly off when
it has a crack. If you keep going and going...at some point it will break thru all the weave.