Sigh - 2 broken bats in 5 months

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
View attachment 21697
My DD's coach grabbed her bat to hit some fly balls and he came up to me and told me the bat is broken. I was a little confused as I didn't see any cracks at all. But he said the outer barrel is loose from the bat. You can wiggle it a little but my DD used it last at bat and didn't notice any issues. Has anyone has a similar issue? Is it really broken ?Also I am a little mad because the warranty expired 3 months ago. So I am guessing I can't get a replacement. Let me just say I will not be buying another one real soon.

In my experience with the Ghost dual-stamp and Ghost Advanced, a little movement in the joint is not uncommon, and hasn't seem to affect performance. Excessive movement/flopping is an issue. From what I'm seeing in this video, it appears in the range of what I would consider pretty typical.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2019
My daughter is not a power hitter. She is a slapper who can also hit away. She has never put one over the fence but rather is a contact hitter. She takes very good care of her equipment but has broken 2 bats in 5 months now. The first was a 2020 Xeno and it broke literally in half at connection - we used the warranty to replace it with a 2021 LXT. This weekend she told me her bat is broken at connection again! I don't know what to do. What do we replace this one with. Ugh!!! I hear Ghosts break all the time too? Her 2018 Xeno was a beast and lasted nearly 3 years. I am just hesitant to by another Slugger now after she broke 2 in 5 months. They will not replace the LXT because it was the warranty bat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s garbage. Slugger should be backing their products better than that.
Call Mary Craven. I forget her exact title but she got me a new bat no questions asked.
Call customer service and ask for her #.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
View attachment 21697
My DD's coach grabbed her bat to hit some fly balls and he came up to me and told me the bat is broken. I was a little confused as I didn't see any cracks at all. But he said the outer barrel is loose from the bat. You can wiggle it a little but my DD used it last at bat and didn't notice any issues. Has anyone has a similar issue? Is it really broken ?Also I am a little mad because the warranty expired 3 months ago. So I am guessing I can't get a replacement. Let me just say I will not be buying another one real soon.

That is more than a little wiggle, and will only get worse with more use. My experience with pre-game bat inspections, particularly USA Softball, says that fails every time.

Sep 19, 2018
Lol...that's a foreign experience for you? What else would they use?
I prefer to swing a full sized bat. Most of us have them laying around. If for some reason, I don't have mine, I'll grab my own dd's bat. Not someone else's bat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802