Rotational Hitting

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 4, 2008
Anaheim Ca.
I'm talking about pre and post,we exchange info all the time.Thats why the Epstein stuff drives us mad.We've got alot more true info and keep trying get it right.Tomorrow we might be saying something even better,I hope.

Jun 4, 2008
Anaheim Ca.
Thank you for that web site it confirms what I thought a reverse pivot swing.You had better have your daughter buy some of Barry's special cream,or was it clear?

May 12, 2008
I strongly disagree with your opinion, Mark. Tilt is defined not only by tilt toward the plate, but also lateral tilt. We see this differently. My guess is we will continue to do so.

Mike

I have no problem with differentiating between tilt toward the plate or tilt toward the catcher or whatever. Given the limitations of words, I posted the link to clips and photos demonstrating what Epstein doesn't teach that elite hitters do in terms of tilt over the plate/using posture to adjust swing plane for pitch location/vertically loading.

Having said all that, I'm unclear from your post which of my opinions you are disagreeing with.

May 12, 2008
Pops,

That is great, and I think it is the beginning of a learning journey for you. Epstein isn't the end all, be all - but it is a good beginning. The more you continue to learn, the better you can make adjustments and improvements to the Epstein system. But for now, Epstein's drill work and hitting philosophy will get your daughter heading in the right direction. There are improvements you can make such as getting off the backside, having active hands in the loading process, efficient momentum transfer, scap loading, and running start to name several. Listen closely to the instruction so you understand what is being conveyed and please do not hesitate to ask questions.

Can't wait to see the before and after. Have fun and good luck!

Mike

ROFLOL. He's good except all that other stuff you mention? Heck, reading that list, I'd send his kid to you instead of Epstein. I'd send his kid to CallyJr instead of Epstein. I'd send his kid Yeager, Mankin, #$(( I'd send his kid to TOM before Epstein. Well, maybe that last was an exaggeration but your list sounds a heckuva lot better than Mike's drills.

Will his kid get better? Probably. Will it be a good foundation for most of that other stuff you mention? Not so much. But his kid will likely be better than most around her.

May 12, 2008
My daughter is the best hitter on her team and has been intentionally walked because of her bat.

Thanks,

Pops

Given that, I suggest you post some clips on here before you embark on major swing surgery.

May 12, 2008
Dr.,

Granted, weight shifts back to the back foot while loading, but a kinetic sequence I might be familiar with involves conservation of momentum as the hips lead the way and momentum is passed up the chain. I'm not talking about running here, I'm talking about hitting - a rotational, torquing/twisting/forward by turning movement of the body as the hitter rotates while directing the knob of the bat along a curvi-linear path, with the end result being a squaring of bat and ball.

Throwing would be very similar - again, hips lead the way.

Mike

Entirely correct IMO.

May 12, 2008
Slapper23 I learned from Carew ,Gwynn ,Candrea and others also train olyimpians and Major Leaguers.My scientific sources come from coast to coast .Just trying to figure out what Epstein Really Knows?

Epstein knows diddly IMO. I'd suggest reading Englishbey, Dixon, Yeager for starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06