Priceless Softball Moment

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 22, 2013
Cost of gas to fuel vehicle for out of town tournament $200 roundtrip.

Motel bill for two nights stay $260.

Cost of food for three days for family $250.

#1 seed team and coaches not coming over to shake hands after losing ball game in the second round tournament - PRICELESS.

Dd's 18U team scored 4 runs in the first inning against the #1 seed in a tournament and that was enough to send the #1 seed home at the end of the game. Parents of the opposing team were non stop yelling at the umpires and coaches were constantly questioning the home plate umpires strike zone, which was the same for both teams.

Following the tournament 1 1/2 hour time limit rule which expired in the bottom half of the sixth inning and my dd's team was the home team, the game was called. The opposing coaches went directly after the umpires to argue for more time. My dd's team went to shake hands and the opposing team and coaches would not come out onto the field. After about 5 minutes, which felt like an hour, dd's team left the field and started clearing out the dugout so that the next teams could prepare for the next game.

My dd has played a couple hundred games over the last 6 years, but she said that she will always remember this game because it was the only game that she played that the opposing team wouldn't shake hands after the game.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
SBFamily, My LL team (boys) did that "once." It is the only time we ever ran sprints. After that, I had to put a parent in the line, every 2 kids. :) Oh, the good old days.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
The most shameless daddyball coach DD ever had cowers in the dugout whenever we play his team, and it's a little bit like Christmas every time he does it.

Mar 28, 2013
Two weeks ago my DD finally got to play a prestigious 14A TB team that turned her down at try outs because, well, HC and AC DDs both pitched and it was pretty obvious at tryouts my DD was a much better hurler. Top of one, my DD records three up three Down strike outs, Bottom of one my DD is the lead off. Hits a home run, The kind that the out fielders just watch. Goes on to pitch a nono. 7-0 Priceless!

Jul 22, 2013
Two weeks ago my DD finally got to play a prestigious 14A TB team that turned her down at try outs because, well, HC and AC DDs both pitched and it was pretty obvious at tryouts my DD was a much better hurler. Top of one, my DD records three up three Down strike outs, Bottom of one my DD is the lead off. Hits a home run, The kind that the out fielders just watch. Goes on to pitch a nono. 7-0 Priceless!

Now that is awesome. Would have taken a while to get he smile off my face!

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Love it. Your dd will NEVER forget that game

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish