Showcase Schedules????

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
OK, all you TD out there. Why do you create schedules with multiple game breaks? I can kind of understand one game break for rest and eating but 8:30 am/1:00pm/5:30pm schedules stink. Our team is in a Showcase this coming weekend and I thought we got a horrible schedule but when I reviewed other teams schedule I realized everybody had a crappy schedule. I would much rather have a 8:30/10:45 and if need be a 6:30pm. At least there is time to go back to hotel or do some sight seeing or something. Two hour breaks are not enough time to do anything and just strands teams at the fields for 12 plus hour days. So why? Maybe its me. Do some teams like these type of schedules?

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
OK, all you TD out there. Why do you create schedules with multiple game breaks? I can kind of understand one game break for rest and eating but 8:30 am/1:00pm/5:30pm schedules stink. Our team is in a Showcase this coming weekend and I thought we got a horrible schedule but when I reviewed other teams schedule I realized everybody had a crappy schedule. I would much rather have a 8:30/10:45 and if need be a 6:30pm. At least there is time to go back to hotel or do some sight seeing or something. Two hour breaks are not enough time to do anything and just strands teams at the fields for 12 plus hour days. So why? Maybe its me. Do some teams like these type of schedules?
Yeah, that format sucks.

The best way IMO is to group teams in pools and play those games in time blocks. 3 games. Play 2 back to back and one break then play another. This allows for teams to come and go and frees up parking so families don't have to stay put all day.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
I agree with both of you. Would prefer 2 games in a row with a one game break before the 3rd game. Then the another group of teams comes in and plays one game then a one game break then they play two in a row.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Back in the fall of 2021, Scenic City put my daughter's team on a Saturday schedule of 8:00 AM, 2:00 PM, and 8:00 PM. It was the worst I've ever scene.

May 13, 2023
OK, all you TD out there. Why do you create schedules with multiple game breaks?
Understand it's a general question. Certainly would be something if any of those tournament directors frequented dfp.
Hmmm 🤔Are there any tournament directors that frequent dfp? USA, Triple Crown, Alliance, PGF, usaPreps...?
Would they be interested at all to the feedback/ questions posters may offer?
Would they engage in communicating?
I'm starting to smile and laugh as I'm posting this...

Apr 1, 2017
I agree that the "all day" type schedules suck, but since it's a showcase, maybe it's to give all teams a chance to be seen, even if weather wipes out a portion of the day? All the coaches there, and your team draws the 8am/10am/noon schedule. Then it rains all afternoon, and the team with the 2pm/4pm/6pm schedule gets no exposure.

Worst schedule we ever had was an 8am bracket game that we lost, so our "consolation" game was 8pm.

Aug 5, 2022
Yeah, that format sucks.

The best way IMO is to group teams in pools and play those games in time blocks. 3 games. Play 2 back to back and one break then play another. This allows for teams to come and go and frees up parking so families don't have to stay put all day.

Yes this is the best! Why isn’t it like this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles