Prevent Leaking/Shifting Forward After Heel Plant

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
Hi,

Using myself as a Guinea Pig because I do have this issue in my own swing as well. Heel plants and I still slip forward a little. Look at the swing below;

Cheers

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I think it’s tied into the hands pushing forward. The swing isn’t bad, the hands are back. There is a point where the hands push forward ahead of the lowerbody.

May 12, 2016
I think it’s tied into the hands pushing forward. The swing isn’t bad, the hands are back. There is a point where the hands push forward ahead of the lowerbody.
Maybe it's too much upper body period...

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Maybe it's too much upper body period...

I watched it in real time, as you should do with all swings. I don’t think it’s to much upper body. You can use the upper body better, lol.🥎

What I see is the hands back ready to turn the barrel. There’s only one problem, the tee is to far our front and you bail on TTB and start to extend out front.

May 12, 2016
I watched it in real time, as you should do with all swings. I don’t think it’s to much upper body. You can use the upper body better, lol.🥎

What I see is the hands back ready to turn the barrel. There’s only one problem, the tee is to far our front and you bail on TTB and start to extend out front.
lol, What I mean by too much upper body is I'm relying on it to power the swing. TBH, I'm not trying to TTB, and a hitter should be able to hit a ball up and down, deep and out front. Know what I mean?

Aug 20, 2017
Sequence is good. Not shifting weight to the front leg slightly is probably causing the upper to leak after heel plant. Land softer on front leg (more bend) and then launch. That and the fact that the ball is so far out front lol. Swing looks good!

Jun 8, 2016
You are striding a bit too much with the front leg IMO which results in what @Cornbread mentioned along with you not being stacked (head over belly button) at toe touch. You then shift to get stacked before swinging. That said it is good enough for what you need it for (what exactly do you need it for? :ROFLMAO: )

Try starting more vertical like Trout and load like he does and see if that helps with your move out.

May 12, 2016
You are striding a bit too much with the front leg IMO which results in what @Cornbread mentioned along with you not being stacked (head over belly button) at toe touch. You then shift to get stacked before swinging. That said it is good enough for what you need it for (what exactly do you need it for? :ROFLMAO: )

Try starting more vertical like Trout and load like he does and see if that helps with your move out.
Best question yet :) LOL

Old timers slo-pitch league, LOL

May 12, 2016

Being stacked has always been a problem, I posted pics last year where my head is actually back past my rear foot. This has improved quite a bit, believe it or not :). I agree with you 100%, I stride, then shift to get stacked. Old habits, years of doing this incorrectly, hard to break.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13