Prevent Leaking/Shifting Forward After Heel Plant

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
Ok. Doesn’t explain what Julray is asking though. What he’s missing.. Why he’s drifting and has little IR in his front hip. No hip depth. I’m detailing a bit more. The hands and the back and scap has nothing to do w it. The sequential stretch isn’t quite right. Julrays efforts needs a ‘pull’ or some sequential resistance to create these things.
Yes let's get back to talking about me please LOL. The question is, how to prevent the drift/forward movement/slipping etc at heel plant. Some good feedback so far. Let's pretend I'm new to the game.. keep it simple. What do we tell a young hitter in this situation, or better again, what's something practical, drill for example which can help with this.

Jan 28, 2017
Local hitting coach in our area that works with a few pro guys and a lot of fastpitch college players teaches when your front heel hits your thigh should still be externally rotated or over your back knee. This is his way of keeping you in the hip and back.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I watched it in real time, as you should do with all swings. I don’t think it’s to much upper body. You can use the upper body better, lol.🥎

What I see is the hands back ready to turn the barrel. There’s only one problem, the tee is to far our front and you bail on TTB and start to extend out front.
Nailed it.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Yes let's get back to talking about me please LOL. The question is, how to prevent the drift/forward movement/slipping etc at heel plant. Some good feedback so far. Let's pretend I'm new to the game.. keep it simple. What do we tell a young hitter in this situation, or better again, what's something practical, drill for example which can help with this.

Actions up-front matter.. Sets up for the sequence of movements. IOW's look at how you transition from the stance. Screw that up and it's tough to recover.

83Z8H05.gif

TepTuuk.gif

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali

The way I teach it is through resistance through an active back knee which dictates transition or an active core contraction leading the launch after toe touch.

Reactions: TDS