Not P5 but congrats to Trautwein!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 13, 2021
MI
First 3 innings, 27 pitches total. No batter reached a 3-ball count, and IIRC only 4 batters reached a 2-ball count. It is the young ladies 3rd No-no and the third 21 K performance, including this years opener.

May 27, 2013
I think it’s pretty amazing no matter what college level. Even in HS when you see those dominant teams who play teams that are clearly outclassed - to have a pitcher go a full 7 innings and K’ing every batter is still pretty impressive.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
I did that in LL once (e.g. all outs in a 6 inning game were K's) ..I also think I walked about 10 kids (there was no pitch count limit back then...) :LOL:

May 7, 2015
SoCal
DD's HS team played a game a couple weeks ago where a Jr Arizona commit threw a perfect game against us. 3 Balls in play, DD had one to the fence for an 0-2 with a K...... (haha, pop up out to the catcher), another foul ball pop out, and a weak grounder. Sometimes you face that pitcher who is phenomenal and is having a phenomenal game and you get a proper beating, it happens! The umpire helps too depending on where his strike zone is.

Good for her, and good for her visibility, that has made all sorts of news headlines...

May 24, 2013
So Cal
"Stop trying to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring. Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls. It's more democratic."

- Crash Davis

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Based on this, we can surmise that the skill levels between the two teams are quite far apart. Let's be honest, this wasn't a fair fight. It's like the SoCal A's vs The Hittin' Kittens.
The Hittin' Kittens haha! :giggle: Hey OS, I completely get what you're saying, but I look at it this way, even though it's definitely a lower level / ranked D1 school, I'd have to imagine every girl on that team has been playing softball their entire life! Rec, travel, MS, HS, showcase, they're definitely should be some hitters on this team that Hope would have to go through!

Either way it's an incredible feat! I've seen tons of shutouts, no-hitters, one-hitters, one perfect game (I think), but I've never ever personally seen anything close to a performance like this, at any level!

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
The umpire helps too depending on where his strike zone is.

The umpire can have a huge influence. A big strike zone, particularly calling higher and/or wider strikes, can make the situation for a hitter very difficult.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpalesse