Not P5 but congrats to Trautwein!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoachJ5513

BlueJ5513
Sep 29, 2010
Texas
My understanding that this was her second 21K game this year(?), the first being a 5 hit 5-2 win earlier in the season. Pretty awesome stuff to be sure.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I got roasted on the bookFace for saying this. Before I start, Hope did a great job, and I am not taking anything away from her. Congrats for sure! According to Massey Ratings, UNT is ranked 68th while Ark-PB is ranked 299th out of 302 D1 teams. Based on this, we can surmise that the skill levels between the two teams are quite far apart. Let's be honest, this wasn't a fair fight. It's like the SoCal A's vs The Hittin' Kittens.

I went back to look at their 3 game series, and was quite impressed with the fact the score was 3-0 in a full 7 inning game. Why don't we tip our hats to ARK-PB for holding UNT to only 3 runs? This story could have been different if UNT run ruled them in 5 innings like they did in the 3rd game. She would have had only 15 K's and I think that's what makes this more impressive. The second game was close too. 5-2. Well done ARK-PB!

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I got roasted on the bookFace for saying this. Before I start, Hope did a great job, and I am not taking anything away from her. Congrats for sure! According to Massey Ratings, UNT is ranked 68th while Ark-PB is ranked 299th out of 302 D1 teams. Based on this, we can surmise that the skill levels between the two teams are quite far apart. Let's be honest, this wasn't a fair fight. It's like the SoCal A's vs The Hittin' Kittens.

I went back to look at their 3 game series, and was quite impressed with the fact the score was 3-0 in a full 7 inning game. Why don't we tip our hats to ARK-PB for holding UNT to only 3 runs? This story could have been different if UNT run ruled them in 5 innings like they did in the 3rd game. She would have had only 15 K's and I think that's what makes this more impressive. The second game was close too. 5-2. Well done ARK-PB!

Despite the disparity in rankings, the fact that Ark-PB didn't even manage to put a ball in play is pretty stunning.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad