No composite bats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
A good bat that isn't composite, and is cheap. You're not asking for much, are you? You're most likely looking at a used Anderson; techzilla, rocketech, nanotek, etc. Cheap and good are usually not synonymous. Like Amy said, you can certainly find some deals with some effort. Occasionally on ebay, craigslist, or even some local stores.

Another Anderson option is the KFP, which is Anderson's entry/mid level single-wall bat (Nanotek is the top shelf) and retails for $199. Its a good bat and essentially is a slightly updated Pyrotech, which you may be able to find a little cheaper. Both these bats are -11 drops and swing balanced. The Nanotek is a -10 drop and is barrel weighted. Anderson's double-walled bats are the Techzilla (-10 drop swing weight), which is handle weighted, and the Rocketech (-9 swing weight), which is end weighted.

Apr 25, 2010
Thank you Amy. I haven't been on here in months because of the type of comments I just got. You however are one of the very few who are sweet and helpful.

My oldest daughter plays both travel and rec because she can and wants to. I've explained this before. I really think most of you on here would drown in the rain cause you've got your nose so far up in the air.

I'm sorry. I really was just teasing. That's why I put LOL at the end. My girls still play rec as well as travel, so I wouldn't bag on anyone playing rec. Sorry it came across wrong.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
My DD is currently using a Worth Storm. Moving into 8U and growing there was no way I could see spending a ton on a bat. It worked great hitting 10" RIF balls in 6U and then I was shocked when she attended a hitting camp this summer. They were hitting 12" NCAA balls and they jumped off the bat. She was putting balls in the outfield grass.

Another lower end idea might be RIP-ITS Foxy. New they are around $120. I have heard mixed reviews but the only girl I know that has one loves it.

Jan 23, 2009
Does anyone have any suggestions for a good bat that isn't composite? We just found out that our county league will not allow composite bats to be used and that is the only kind we own. I had planned on buying my oldest daughter a new Easton Synge for x-mas. I'm glad I didn't now. So I now have to go and purchase 2 new bats (have one playing 10U and one playing 12U). Any suggestions? I've heard Anderson bats are really good but they are expensive and since I have to get 2 of them not sure if I can afford them. I guess I could always buy one really good one and one middle of the road one. I am so aggrevated with this new rule. ;:)mad:

Anderson bats are outstanding and all models but the Nanotek are metal. Regarding price, I don't really care about the warranty and I purchased a (at the time) New 2009 Techzilla shipped for I believe $180 and (since my duaghter loves it and won't use anything else) just purchased a 2011 Techzilla as a backup shipped for $185 three weeks ago. Both off Ebay. Find a seller with an impecable feedback record and you should have no problem.

May 26, 2010
Central NJ
Does anyone have any suggestions for a good bat that isn't composite? We just found out that our county league will not allow composite bats to be used and that is the only kind we own. I had planned on buying my oldest daughter a new Easton Synge for x-mas. I'm glad I didn't now. So I now have to go and purchase 2 new bats (have one playing 10U and one playing 12U). Any suggestions? I've heard Anderson bats are really good but they are expensive and since I have to get 2 of them not sure if I can afford them. I guess I could always buy one really good one and one middle of the road one. I am so aggrevated with this new rule. ;:)mad:

If she liked the Synge, the Easton Mystique is an affordable ($80) aluminum bat that feels very similar to the Synge. It won't have the "pop" of the Synge, but the swing feel should be almost identical.

Jul 26, 2010
If you want a high end non-composite, your options are Anderson and Rip-It. They run the same price as composites and perform similarly.

A good rec ball metal bat would be the bustos or cat osterman models (same bat, different weights), these are about $60 or so.

-W

Mar 3, 2010
Suburb of Chicago, IL
.... I haven't been on here in months because of the type of comments I just got.

... I really think most of you on here would drown in the rain cause you've got your nose so far up in the air.

Ok. So let's get this straight. You are complaining about the type of comments you got from two people (that really weren't evil in my opinion) but felt it was OK to then blast "most" of us on here with your own evil comment.

Talk about hypocrisy. Perhaps another self-impost ban of a few months on your part is in order.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
The kid at Play It Again Sams said that the 1/2 and 1/2 Vexxum baseball bat was OK for LL. He had some other bats that were not OK, so I think that he knows what he was talking about.

But, it must come down to what the shell is made of, because someone else told me that my Demarini EVO 1/2 and 1/2 is considered composite.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish